Search

Wedding/Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wedding/Honeymoon

We'd like to get married in the Caribbean, and stay for a week or so for the honeymoon. There is so much info, I'm getting overwhelmed. Does anyone have a recommendation for a great all-inclusive resort? I kind of favour the Virgin Islands, but any help is much appreciated.
Old Feb 19th, 2008, 01:00 PM

on st. thomas the only true ai is wyndham sugar bay resort. bolongo bay and the marriot frenchman's reef & morning star resort offer an ai option. i have been to a wedding at sugar bay and it was lovely and all details were nicely attended to.
i don't know of any ai's on st. croix or st. john.

the vast majority of ai's are on the maya riveria coast south of cancun, dominican republic or jamaica.
the same couple who married at sugar bay honeymooned at couples swept away on jamaica. they totally loved it.
however to give you any really helpful advice you need to tell us your personal budget and an idea how much your guests can spend, (unless you're treating) how many guests, what you and guests want to do while on island, and time of year can be relevent.

it is not necessary for you to go to an ai to get a great wedding. almost all resorts have a planner available these days.

you may wish to consider honeymooning at a different resort than the wedding. otherwise you may find yourselves running into his cousin or your grandmother when you want to be romantic.
in particular what to you & intended want to do on your honeymoon. different islands offer different experiences.
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your advice. I'm not worried about the budget and there are also no guests. My parents will stay for a couple days, and then leave us alone!

I will definitely check out the Sugar Bay resort. Thank you.
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 11:42 AM

Idratherbeparisian,
Of all the places I’ve been in the islands, if I was to do a destination wedding I would pick Stonefield Resort in St. Lucia. The backdrop of the Pitet Piton with the sunset is amazing. Check out stonefieldvillas.com, and the link to my pix is below. You rent private villas with private plunge pools, but they’re all part of the resort that has a main restaurant. It’s by no way like a Sandals, so if that’s what you’re looking for then this isn’t for you. But if you like low key, raw pristine beauty, then this is perfect They also have different packages you can do that include food/activities/etc. It’s nestled into the mountain, but you can take a short free cab ride that the resort offers next door to Jalousie, which has a gorgeous beach. Congrats, and good luck!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...share&Ux=0
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 01:48 PM

if budget is not an issue you should look at http://www.caneelbay.com/ on st. john, which does have ai packages available. this is a gorgeous resort with 7 beaches on its property.
of course kellybeaches pictures make st. lucia look very very nice.
those sunsets are to die for.
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

Wow, wow, wow. Gorgeous pictures. Thank you both for your help.