Honeymoon ideas- please help AI a must

Old Sep 27th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon ideas- please help AI a must

OK I am hoping some people with some patience and consideration can help me and my fiance. We are trying tofigure out where to go for our honeymoon the first week of Dec. This is what we like and what we are looking for- and any help is greatly appreciated- we are WIDE open with where to go but just want something that is all inclusive.

We would like something high-end.
All Inclusive.
Good Food
Beautiful Beaches
We enjoy snorkeling but water sports not that important.
Maybe a place that offers some day trips here and there- but we are looking to relax 80% of the time and explore the other 20%.

We would like something high-end and true paradise.

We would like a beautiful island Lush and having a beautiful landscape.

I am sure this is to general but we are that open to suggestions.

Someplaces we have discussed but not definite on-
St Lucia
Anguilla
Mexico/ Riveria Maya

I will continue searching and any help is apppppreciated. Thank you all in advance.
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

OK to make things easier for anyone who is willing to assist.

We would like mid+/high level

And some places
trinidad and tobago
grenadines
bermuda
antigua

And of course the best AI they have to offer.
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 07:04 AM

Jumby Bay in Antigua might be a possibility, but it's very high end. Curtain Bluff might also be a possibility; I think Carlisle Bay may have a meal plan. Still, I think you'd be better sticking with St. Lucia for lushness, perhaps Sandals or Discovery at Marigot.

Anguilla, which is on your list, is the opposite of lush. But it has several good high-end resorts.

The Grenadines are a great place to do a honeymoon. If it were me, I'd choose a place like Palm Island or Petit St. Vincent ... very private, simple but luxurious places. But these are not at all lush, and Petit St. Vincent has no air-conditiong or pool. Perhaps the Raffles Resort on Canouan.

Nevis is also very nice and lush, and one of the small inns there, while not all-inclusive, would still provide a wonderful honeymoon spot.

I'm not sure why you are fixated on all-inclusive, but you'll certainly find much better food at a non-AI kind of resort.
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 07:05 AM

Sorry ... Discovery isn't AI.
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 07:20 AM

Peter Island, BVI? Not so lush, though.
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 07:29 AM
KVR

If I was willing to spend that kind of money, I would look at:

Royal Hidaway, Excellance Riviera, Iberostar Grand, or Secrets Capri - Mexican Riviera

Jumby Bay or Galley Bay - Antigua

Rendezvous, The Body Holiday at LeSport, or The Jalousie Plantation - St. Lucia. However, St. Lucia will not have as great snorkeling as the other destinations you listed, but it's lush and absolutley beautiful.

Most people rave about St. John. Look at Caneel Bay. I think they offer an AI plan. It would fit most everything you listed.

Old Sep 27th, 2007, 08:02 AM

Caneel Bay on St. John is one of the most romantic paradise-on-earth places. 171 rooms on 170 acres and SEVEN tree-shaded white sand beaches with wade-in snorkeling. Caneel is in the National Park, so no development to be seen anywhere. St. John is good to explore, and day trips to the BVI and shopping in St. Thomas are close by. Be aware that Caneel is upscale casual--no phones or TV in rooms, no grand lobbies or marble baths. The many repeat visitors prefer it that way. There is a video on their website. As beautiful as that is, it doesn't begin to do justice to the place.
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 09:31 AM

You may actually want to consider Jamaica. It is very lush and there are wonderful excursions. The Caves is a small boutique AI in Negril and it is the most romantic place I have ever stayed in my life. It is exotic and beautiful. YOu get a cave dinner during your stay and a sunset hot tub evening. There is fairly good snorkeling under the caves. We went every day. It is the 1 resort we can't wait to return to. You could do a few nights there, then head to a larger beach resort if needed. Half Moon is supposed to be fantastic. Peter Island is also very nice, but nothing has compared to the caves.
Old Sep 28th, 2007, 08:35 AM

For an AI, I would only consider all adult properties.

Check out:
Le Blanc Cancun
Excellence Playa Mujeres
El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya
Couples Swept Away
Couples Negril
Jamiaca Inn, Ocho Rios

Le Sport needs TLC IMO especially for the price point.

Sandals has declined in quality over the pst 6 -7 years and I no longer stay there. There are much better options for that price point.
Old Sep 28th, 2007, 08:53 AM

Okay, if it's in your price range, Spice Island Beach Resort on the island of Grenada meets your requirements, with the exception that the better snorkeling on the island is not on that beach but it's a very easy island to get around on your own.

Grenada is lush, beautiful, and mountainous. It has a fantastic West Indian culture that you seem to be seeking on your list of preferred islands. Grand Anse beach is two miles long, beautiful white sand and gorgeous blue water. Definitely a tropical paradise. Food is excellent, service is top notch.
Old Sep 28th, 2007, 09:37 AM

kfusto makes good suggestions. I would add Secrets Capri Riviera Maya resort in Mexico to that list as well. We were just at Sandals Dunns River in Jamaica in July and enjoyed it very much. I agree that Sandals have gone down lately and are over priced for what you get, but this particular one seems to be the exception. Expensive yes, but everything was done right.

ElDorado Seaside Suites is IMO more intimate and a bit nicer that ElDorado Royale, but both are nice (beach is worse at Royale).

Old Sep 28th, 2007, 10:50 AM
KVR

Reisender, I was glad to see that Sandals Dunn River is still getting good remarks. I agree that many of the Sandals resorts have gone downhill and are overly expensive for what you get.

Taurus 252, be cautious of resorts in the Mayan Riviera. Many are in the middle of nowhere and required pricey cabs to get to Playa del Carmen. We stayed at the El Dorado Seaside Suites back when it was still the El Dorado Resort and Spa. We didn't care for that much seclusion. We just returned from The Royal Playa del Carmen. It was very nice and right down the street from 5th Avenue. We felt we got a lot for the money.
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 04:44 AM

Secrets Capri gets lousy marks for beach and the OP wants a great one.
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 05:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Royal Hideaway also has very little beach left.
The Iberostar Grand is new, adults only, fantastic service and food, BIG beach, several beautiful pools, etc.
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 07:18 AM

Hi! My husband and I went on our honeymoon trip to Sandals Grande St. Lucia. We had an awesome time and the resort/island were absolutely beautiful! I would definitely recommend it! Good Luck!