Search

Wedding HELP!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2003, 09:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wedding HELP!

Hello all! I just found this wonderful site today! I have read the suggestions everyone has given about Jamaica. This is where we are thinking about getting married but now I am wondering if there is a better place! We will have some family and friends joining us for our wedding so we would like to keep the costs down a little. I have my heart set on getting married on a beach! Any suggestions on locations? I think I am driving my travel agent nuts but I want it to be affordable but yet romantic and safe! Thanks for any help I get!
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 10:31 AM

First of all, congratulations! I was just married a few months ago on a beach in Antigua and also had my family and friends with me, so I know what you mean about keeping costs down.

Jamaica and Puerto Rico are probably the most accessible islands in the Caribbean. I don't know about other departure points, but from where I live in the northeast it routinely costs $275-350 to fly roundtrip to either one. Other islands, even ones with large airstrips like St. Lucia or Antigua, cost quite a bit more on any given day. So, as far as helping out family and friends, Jamaica and Puerto Rico will be the most cost effective.

If you would like to ask me any questions about my experience getting married with a large party in Antigua, please email me directly. [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 02:56 PM

I was married this past June on a beach in Negril, Jamaica with 14 friends and family memebers. We all had a wonderful time there. Let me know if you'd like more information.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 04:38 PM

We were marrid at Sunset on Trunk Bay on St. John, USVI, we loved the island and our guests also loved it.

We had a chef come to the villa for the wedding dinner and it was wonderful.

USVI On-Line forum is where I got all my advice and made my plans from the many people who wrote to me about their experiences and suggestions...

It went very smoothly and more than we expected. There are many villas to choose from. Some have as many as 5 bedrooms or you can rent a few that are in the same vicinity. Lots of choices.

Congratulations!
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Amysandy~ I would love more information! Where did you stay? Thanks!
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 01:18 PM

I was married on a beach in Antigua last year also. I don't know that Jamacia would be more affordable. Our airfare price was the same for Jamaica and Antigua (we researched this). The resorts on both islands will run you about the same. You may do a comparison.

Congratulations, and keep in mind this is all about you and your future husband. You only get to do this once so do what makes you happy, not everyone else. Good luck in choosing!
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

I did look threw the Antigua information and found that Easter is not the time of the year to visit this area. We are planning an April 10th wedding. I guess it's pretty busy during this time.
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 08:45 AM

We rented two of the six Moon Dance Villas--moondancevillas.com. They are amazing! Beachfront on a gorgeous strech of white sand beach. Even better than the Web site shows.
They weren't inexpensive, but they were easily worth every penny. We went with the all-inclusive food and drink option, and it was well worthwhile. The staff is outstanding, the food terrific, the location superb,and the villas some of the most beautiful homes I've ever seen. They arranged everything for the wedding for us--decorations, minister, cake,etc.--so pretty much all we had to do was show up at the agreed time. If you want more info, I'll give you my email address.
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

I would love to hear more amysandy! Any information is very helpful! Thank you!
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 09:01 AM

You can email me specific questions, and I'll try to help. I know planning a wedding can be overwhelming. I'm spelling out the @ and .com part of the email address to avoid collecting unwanted spam.
amy1sandyathotmaildotcom
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

Has anyone stayed or heard anything about the Whistling Bird Negril?
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 12:41 PM

Hello, we are planning on getting married on the beach on St. Maarten's. In readings everyone's responses about their trip gets me more exicted!! The only thing that I think that might be a hassle is getting the documents translated. Any advice ??