Search

Weather at Pink Sands?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weather at Pink Sands?

My husband and I are leaving this week for Pink Sands....I can't wait! I'll bet it can be pretty hot there in July and I was wondering about taking along some bug spray.

Thanks for your advice!
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 11:20 AM

Pink Sands on Harbour Island? If so have a GREAT time. Yes you will need a bit of bug spray this time of year on island, and Off or Skin-so-soft works well there. I like Skin-so-soft because it also keeps off the no-see-ums if you like to walk the beach in the evenings.

Let me know if you have any other questions on Harbour Island and I will be ON ISLAND, and I can't wait starting Aug 2 for a week. I think we are staying at Runaway Hill, but have to double check, but will be somewhere on island that week.

If you are around we can meet up at the Harbour Lounge and the Kalik is on us!
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Original Poster

Dear Wantsomesun,

If Kalik is the Bahamian equivalant of martini, then count us in! I only wish we weren't leaving on the 30th of July......
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Original Poster

Oops...somehow I sent my reply too fast. Thank you wantsomesun for your reply and I will take your advice on the Skin So Soft. Maybe we can meet up next time.....
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 07:27 PM

Oh you are going to have a great time. While on island, make dinner reservations for Runaway Hill some evening, the food there is the best on island. Everyone gathers in the lounge for a drink and munchies and dinner is at 8pm.

A Kalik is the local beer, but if a martini is your favorite you MUST try the local speciality a "goombay smash" it's a rum and pinapple drink that is so good and after a few you are "smashed".

There are several cute shops on island now and if you meet my friend Iris, (everyone knows her) tell her I said HI.

Please buy a trinket at the first straw market by the dock, she is in her 80's and makes her living at the straw market.

There are a few sites to see and some very old buildings on island and some of the nicest people you will meet anywhere.

Can't wait for your trip report.

I can't wait to go too.
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 05:48 AM

Have a wonderful time--I love Harbour Island! The Blue Bar at the Pink Sands is fabulous--best goombay smashes on the island, IMHO. Also, The Landing is great for dinner, and Arthur's Bakery for breakfast. Go dancing at Gusty's. The weather will be hot, and bug juice will come in handy, especially if you're drinking/dining outdoors at dusk. If you can find them, Skin So Soft towelettes are handy--they easily fit in a pocket or purse.
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 05:39 PM
Original Poster

Hi wantsomesun,

Went to Runaway Hill and met Carol and Roger. My husband and I wanted to move in with them... They are hoping you will be coming next week! What a fun time and absolutely gorgeous setting for dinner. I can see why you love Harbour Island so much. Next time we go we will switch from Pink Sands to Runaway Hill. Hope you get there!!
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 12:40 PM

Please tell me what the beaches are like. Is the sand just steps away from the villas?