Harbour Island

Old Jan 9th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harbour Island

Wantsomesun has always been so helpful in regards to Harbour Island . I am wondering if anyone has rented a house there, if so which one and was it nice, etc. There are so many to chose from, I am not sure what to do

Wantsomesun - any advice on whether to stay in town or beachfront. I know the island is so small that it is easy to get around... any opinion on this? Thanks!
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 09:54 PM

There are so many options now on island, and I would say let your pocketbook be your guide. The island is only half a mile wide (if that) so you can walk anywhere in just a few minutes. If I had a choice I think I would opt for a house on the bay side of the island, as the views from there are spectacular, especially the sunsets.

Island Realty (don't know the website)and www.myharbourisland.com are places for more info on houses available.

Lots of great places on island for food and some great snorkle and dive sites abound.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 03:54 AM

To get around, you can also rent a golf cart. Not only fun, but if you have children, makes it easier for you, and a blast for the kids!
Try not to miss a day excursion to Eleuthera. On the north part of the island is a one lane bridge, one side is smooth as glass and crystal clear, the other side is rocky, rough and waves crashing. It's a very cool site.
The town at Harbour Island is very picturesque, I think the prettiest in the Carribean!
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 06:03 AM

last May 2005 we rented a house/cottage called Bullocks Bluff Cottage for $1,000 for the week. It was basically one big room but it was right on the beach...not the harbour side. It was wonderful. We walked the beach up to Pink Sands, Coral Sands etc to have dinner. We also rented a golf cart while we were there. Loved it. We rented through Island Realty...they take a while to get back to you....you need to email them every day or call them.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the info!

Does anyone have contact info for Island Realty (website or email) I cannot find it.

Thanks again!

Old Jan 10th, 2006, 11:07 AM

Try the www.briland.com site, you should be able to get the site from there, or go to the message board (modem), register and ask for info.

Did you try Arthur's website, www.myharbourisland. Arthur is also a realty agent on island as well.

Have a great trip.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

Thanks wantsomesun. I have looked at those sites. Arthur does rep. a lot of villas so I have found a lot of possibilities there. I will post on the other site to try to find that realty website. Thanks again!
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 08:44 AM

Hi MIM,

It took some searching, but I found the email address for Island Realty. [email protected] Geraldine is the owner, I believe.

"Wantsomesun" was SO helpful to me when I was trying to find a rental on Harbour Island, but even with her intervention, it was a frustrating process.

If you'd dare to post a current private email, I'll happily forward all my saved info

Marion
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Marion - thanks I will send you an email. I still have yours. I have been meaning to write and give you my new address.
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 11:31 AM

FYI Harbour Island is so low-key you can wait until you step off the boat launch to rent your golf cart. You can pretty much just ask a local and one will magically appear. (Specifically, you can ask for "The Minister").