Harbour Island Rentals

Oct 30th, 2003, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

Harbour Island Rentals

Looking for a small cottage of apartment for my wife, infant daughter & I. Any suggestions ? People who have stayed there preferred, I know about all the web-sites. Thx.
Oct 31st, 2003, 06:32 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Oct 31st, 2003, 03:00 PM

There are alot of rentals on the island available. Have you tried calling Island Realty on Harbour Island, or tried the www.briland.com site?

Both should be able to guide you in the right directions.

I know of a few houses and smaller hotels on the island, but don't know exactly what you are looking for.

Did you want a small home so you can cook in or do you want a small hotel?

There is a lovely B&B also on island, on Dunsmore St. called Bahamas House, or a small hotel called The Palm.

Hope this helps if you need more info, I can proabably come up with some phone numbers for you, just let me know.
Nov 3rd, 2003, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

I have been to the web-sites you mentioned. Would like a small cottage w/cooking capabilities that is also child friendly. (My daughter is 17 months old). She is an experienced traveler but I do not expect her to sit through several restaurant meals a day. Any first hand suggestions is welcomed. Thx.
Nov 3rd, 2003, 12:19 PM

I would try The Palm, which is on the bay side of the island. There are lots of restaurants on island, including a deli and cafe, so you don't need to worry about restaurants. YOu can also get a sitter for evenings out if you would like a little time to yourselves.

You also might check with Romora Bay, since they have cottage accomodations with a small kitchen.

Don't know what your budget is per night, so that would help to make more recommendations.

Nov 4th, 2003, 05:10 AM
Original Poster

I'm not looking to spend 'Pink Sands' money but we are really fairly flexible w/our budget. I'll check the ones you mentioned. After all, I only work to travel & put food on the table, what else is money good for anyway ? Also, we're probably looking to stay for a week if that helps. Let me ask this as well. I can get to Nassau much cheaper & take the ferry. Is it worth the extra time or do I just fly straight in ? It also appears golf carts are the way to get around, do you know of any rebutable rental agencies or is that something usually handled by the place you are staying ? Thanks again, SA.
Nov 4th, 2003, 08:22 AM

Ok, well then the place for you to stay is probably Romora Bay, it's on the Bay side of the island, but very pretty and has a nice pool/deck area and each cottage has a kitchen.

When you get to the island, Reggie Major will be at the dock to pick you up and take you to your hotel, he also rents golf carts. Ask Reggie, he probably has the best rates on island. You won't need one for the entire time you are there, just for a couple of days to see the island.

There are a couple of grocery stores on island so you can pick up some groceries and of course there are lots of take a way places as well, as some family restaurants like Angela's Starfish, you can sit outside and have an nice view of the harbour.

There are also a couple of bakeries for fresh bread and pasteries and a pizza place, for conch pizza.

We find the easiest way to get there is to fly into Nassau and either fly Bahamas Air from there or take the fast ferry, depends on what time you arrive on Nassau. Since the price is just about the same you can fly one way (there is a late Bahamas Air flight into N. Eleuthera airport) and then take the ferry back, (there is a late ferry leaving the island).

The flight into N. Eleuthera from Nassau is about 20 minutes and the ferry takes about 2 hours, but you get to see a bit as you stop in Spanish Wells and Eleuthera.

The Romora website is www.romorabay.com.

Have a great time.
Nov 5th, 2003, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice, I'll check it out. SA.
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:07 AM
Original Poster

Anyone else ?
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:00 PM

What specifically is your question, the island is so small, maybe you are not aware that the whole island is only 3 miles long by a half mile wide, so you already have all the info on the island.

Check with Island realty, www.briland.com, Romora Bay, Coral Sands, The Palm, Valentine's for info.

Probably your best source of info is www.briland.com, it is an online community made up of visitors and locals.

Have a great trip.
Nov 14th, 2003, 04:28 PM

I loved Ramora Bay too. Very charming. Good luck!

Search this Thread