Search

Water Falls...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 11:19 AM
Deb

Water Falls...

I heard Jamaica has beautiful , natural water falls that one can sit/swim in. Any truth to this? Are they slimmy like the rocks in our local creeks?

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 03:02 AM
tivertonhouse

Here are a few worth visiting (no slimy rocks/lol):the South Coast's YS FALLS,go early b4 9am and the touristbuses arrive --7 waterfalls,liana vines to play Tarzan over the mountain pools;MAYFIELDS FALLS,less well-known; the unearthly blue lagoon and rushing mountainstream falls at BLUE HOLE GARDENS, past Roaring River;REACH and SOMERSET FALLS near Port Antonio are both superb;the waterfalls on OLDE TAVERN ESTATE,a private coffee bean plantation; brave the conga lines of tourists and do <BR>DUNN'S RIVER FALLS near Ochee as well

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 05:37 AM
Penney

There is also a resort in Ocho Rios Jamaica that has natural waterfall running throughout in which you can clim and swim - Enchanted Gardens. It is a wonderful resort. <BR>

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 03:41 PM
Diane

YS Falls is beautiful -- it had stormed a couple days before we went so you really needed to be brave to do the vine swing, and currents were too trecherous for lazy swimming, but our daughter had been there when it was perfect for all activities. An hour or so near there (and sometimes included in a daytrip ticket) is a cruise down the Black River. This was a blast. Very touristy, but beautiful and a lot of fun. (Water is clear but looks black!)

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 04:13 AM
tivertonhouse

DIANE:The next time you're on island,head for GUTS RIVER on the South Coast,past Treasure Beach and Alligator Pond...

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 10:01 AM
ttt

nancy????

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Nancy

I love them

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 01:00 PM
xxx

I just came back from Jamaica a few days ago and we went to Mayfield Falls. We loved it! I was just our little group of 6 and a guide. I think there was another group of 4 ahead of us. At the end you actually walk back through a cow pasture and get to see all diffrernt types of plants and vegetaion. Exapmle..Our guide showed us a soap plant that makes a nice smelling lather when you rub the wet leaves together and many other things. There is also a restaurant there. You order your food before you start and its ready for you after the river walk. If you don't want touristy...I would go here.

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 06:51 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Kelly

We also went to Mayfield Falls, we thought they were nice, not touristy, and it was really beautiful. The ride up through the mountains to get there is neat to see how the locals live, it is close to Montego Bay.