Reload this Page >

Turks and Caicos in January?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:04 AM
Ron

Can anyone tell me what the weather is like in January in Turks and Caicos? I just want to make sure it is not cold. Also, do you recommend the Sands and can we do a beginner's dive course while there?<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 10:44 AM
JMM

No it is not cold - temps usually range from low 70s to low 80s at that time of year.<BR>However some people find the water a bit chilly - we don't but we are from Canada and used to swimming in MUCH colder water. We have not stayed at the Sands but have eaten there - it is a very nice place on a beautiful stretch of beach.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:35 PM
pam

Ron, we were there in Jan. several years ago. As JMM says it is 70's to 80's. I did snorkel right off the beach. I am not from Canada as so I did find the water a bit on the chilly side.I was not so hot in the daytime to feel a need to go into the water. Also a very light jacket may suffice for the p.m. There is a light breeze.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:37 PM
xxx

Does anyone recall the water temps in Jan? I think the ocean here gets up to 67 in the summer so anything better than that is great!

Old Dec 25th, 2002, 10:01 AM
ellene

Have spend a week in Turks the last three Januarys, usually one day of cloudy weather, but the rest is mid 80's and sunny

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 12:53 PM
bobcat

We were on Provo this past January and March. January was perfect - not too hot or humid. March was noticeably more humid, but still great weather.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 07:35 AM
stephen

Is it worth it to go for a long weekend from New York (Martin Luther King weekend)?<BR><BR>thanks