Search

Turks & Caicos Club?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2005, 06:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turks & Caicos Club?

Has anyone stayed at the Turks & Caicos Club? If so, how was it? Would you recommend it? We have been staying at Cap Juluca on Anguilla but wanted to try something different. Thanks.
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 02:03 PM

We stayed there during July in 2004. We were in a one bedroom oceanfront suite. The suite was very comfortable and nicely appointed. You can walk to snorkeling at Coral Gardens or (I think it was called) Smith's Point.

The restaurant, Simba, is nice, but when we were there the menu was rather limited. I hear they now include breakfast, so that should be a good deal. The food was good, and the staff were pleasant.

My only complaint was a lack of shade at the beach. I think there were only about six chairs with umbrellas, and they weren't exactly luxurious. This may have been corrected by now. There was adequate shade at the pool. The pool goers in the crowd were happy with the pool.

I've never stayed at Cap, so can't compare the two hotels. I will say that I preferred Anguilla to Provo, even though I can't exactly put my finger on why that is. T&C Club is a lovely property, but I had more fun at Frangipani on Anguilla.
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 08:38 AM

Didn't stay at Turks and Caicos Club, but walked by the property on our recent trip to T&C. I, too, was interested in the property before planning our trip to Provo. While it did look nice when i walked by, in my opinion it was much too far down the beach for my taste. It's at the very west end of Grace Bay and seemed a little too remote for me. Mind you, I don't like crowds either (Beaches, yuk!), but I was glad we were more centrally located on Grace Bay (we stayed at The Sands). I guess it all depends on what you prefer. From what i've heard about Cap, it doesn't seem that Turks and Caicos Club would compare. Have you checked out Point Grace? It was truly a lovely property. One of my favorite's once I walked through and checked it out during our stay. Also, it sits on a lovely spot on Grace Bay.
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you for your responses -- you convinced us to either stay with Anguilla or look a another property on Grace Bay.
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 02:28 PM

To concur with previous poster - we did walk down to Point Grace one afternoon, and if I returned to Provo, I would look into a stay here. The beach was just absolutely stunning at that spot, and they had lovely cabana style shade umbrellas.
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 10:04 AM

Have you considered Parrot Cay?
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 02:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion of Parrot Cay -- we will look into that idea.