Grace Bay Club or Turks and Caicos Club

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2003, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After having a fabulous family vacation in Provo last month, my husband and I are hoping to celebrate our 25th anniversary there next June. If we can afford it we'd like to stay at either Grace Bay Club or Turks and Caicos Club. Any recommendations from recent travelers?
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 11:52 AM

Hello,

My husband and I celebrated our 25th on T&C just last month!! We had a great
trip and can't wait to go back. After going back and forth we ended up staying
at the Coral Gardens which we were very pleased with. We toured both Grace Bay and T&C Club and were very impressed with both. Both of the properties were beautiful. If you intend to do any snorkeling I would go with T&C Club because it is such an easy walk to the reef in front of Coral Gardens. We were there during the very low season but the beach at T&C was very
deserted - which to us is a plus in T&C's column. Both properties ocean front rooms had great views but T&C
was less expensive. GBC had much more of an upscale hotel feel about it. Which I would imagine would lend itself to be more service oriented... whereas
T&C Club you would have more privacy. I decided to go with Coral Gardens because their oceanfront rooms are by far the closest set to the ocean and the money we saved we could spend on the great restaurant T&C have!!

I don't think you can go wrong with either property.

Old Sep 18th, 2003, 11:51 AM

Have stayed at Grace Bay Club and toured Turks and Caicos Club. My initial response would have been Grace Bay Club but they are going to build 30 more condo suites in four buildings. Supposed to start in Nov/Dec of this year and it will take about 20 months. Suspect they won't start until after the first of the year so you will be in the midst of construction. That said I would opt for Turks and Caicos Club although I personally like Coral gardens better. If I stayed at T&C Club I would reqiest suites 7 or twelve which are on the second floor end units--You get more windows and light. If you stay at T&C Club have a dinner at Coyaba at Coral Gardens. Excellent restaurant and in our opinion better than Simba at T&C Club
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 02:19 PM

I agree with Howard. We stayed and GBC in July and visited Coral Gardens and T&C Club. T&C Club is newer, but was set further back on the beach. Because of the constructions at GBC I would choose Coral Gardens. Howard KNOWS T&C!
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 11:26 AM

My husband and I are going the end of Oct. for our 15th anniv.,first time and we chose the GBC.I am conserned about the hurricanes since we were actually scheduled to return to bermuda,our hooneymoon, and fabian fixed that. I just found this forum and was excited to read your postings. I think it will be great regardless where we stay. Enjoy your trip!
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 01:31 PM

Grace Bay Club is a very nice property and a good choice but be advised that Turks and Caicos Club is running a special the months of Oct and Nov--50% off the room rate which is a great deal. If you are into snorkeling it is a good Place to stay. 5 Min walk to the reef
Old Sep 28th, 2003, 01:49 PM

We recently got a condo unit at Villa Renaissance on Grace Bay . You may want to check out the pictures at villarenaissance.com. Some of the people on the island feel it is one of the better properties because of how open the pool area is in the back as well as all of the great ocean front views. They do not have their own restaurant, just a reception area and bar, but there are many good restaurants just down the beach. Very quiet new property!