Search

best place to stay?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 01:51 PM
thomas john

best place to stay?

going to providenciales, turks and caicos for the first time. what area of the island is best to stay and what "deal du jour" hotel can anyone recomend?

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 08:12 AM
goingthere

Check out the Caribbean Paradise Inn:<BR><BR>http://www.paradise.tc/<BR><BR>It's about the only not-too-expensive-but-still-nice option on Provo.<BR><BR>

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 08:18 AM
Dave

My wife and I were in Provo in February 2002. We stayed at the Comfort Suites, a wonderful place, well affordable. Unfortunately, CS is not on the beach. By beach I mean Grace Bay (beautiful white sand, like talcum powder, an ocean blue that we had not seen before (been to at least 10 other caribbean islands). Provo is very safe. However, there is very little night life. That is not necessarily a bad thing. Enjoy your stay...you will truly be surprized.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 08:00 AM
CR

Hi..I have recently done a ton of research on Provo and T&C..I have spoken to the folks at the Turks and Caicos Tourist Board 1-800-241-0824 or log on to www.turksandcaicostourism.com they were very very helpful, they won't recommend one specific place (because they can't) but they do recommend looking into the following places. The Sands (www.thesandsresort.com); Coral Gardens (www.coralgardens.com); Ocean Club Resorts (www.oceanclubresorts.com); Point Grace (www.pointgrace.com) and Grace Bay Club (www.gracebayclub.com). Point Grace and Grace Bay Club are 5 Star accomodations, your Four Season type places, Coral Gardens a bit more exclusive with only 30 suites, the best snorkeling is right there on the Beach, The Sands and Ocean Club are suppose to be really really nice, with The Sands having the better beach. Ocean Club is right next to Club Med which I was told may get a bit load at night (not sure if you care). I chose the Sands and will be going in December. Many Many good reviews about the Sands. Most of these above mentioned places are having a special now, 7 nights for the price of six. If and when you call reservations make sure you ask for their specials. Also ask for AAA discounts if you qualify. If money is a factor, check out Ocean Club's package deals, they include 3 meals for 3 days and a rental car for 2 days. All info on the websites...YES..I've done my homework!! The tourism website will also give you links to other T&C websites filled with facts and info...

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 06:48 AM
red

<BR>Thomas john:<BR><BR>Just a suggestion - why not stay at a smaller hotel on another island? There are some spectacular resorts that nobody knows about...do some research.