Search

To ejcrowe

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To ejcrowe

I finally read your full Grenada trip report on the other board and I LOVED it. If I could, I'd book a trip there now . I felt so bad for you all over again when I read about the kids and the camera . My jaw dropped when I read Jane's story. Wow. I wanna be like her! Thanks so much for alerting me that it was posted.
Old Aug 19th, 2007, 07:24 PM
iw

Please clue me in....What happened and where do I go to fugure it out????
Old Aug 19th, 2007, 07:26 PM
iw

Excuse the teacher in me:::figure, not fugure....
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 06:14 AM

awww, thanks! you just made my day after a not-so-great weekend!

any chance I could get you to rate my story against the others on that board? they're giving away a 5 night stay at a great villa for the winner of the trip report contest. so far I'm tied for second place, I think. you might have to register to be able to vote, but it's free and easy.

iw, my full Grenada trip report is VERY long and posted in full over on www.grenadatravelforum.com . in order to qualify for the contest, I had to post an original trip report only on that forum, so that's why I didn't post it here.

for those who don't want to read the full report (and I don't blame you--it was around 15 pages in my Word program), Jane is an intrepid traveler in her 80s. Whilst in Grenada for a fortnight she and her husband had booked an excursion almost every day to go out and see the island. one day she fell down and hurt herself pretty badly, but she didn't know how badly, but she didn't want to cut her trip short because she still hadn't taken her daytrip to Carriacou. well, she was still in pain after getting home and a trip to the doctor showed she had a couple of cracked ribs. Can you imagine?! So Jane is now officially my travel role model!
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Original Poster

Ok. So I signed up but can't figure out how to vote for you. Maybe because it's been a long day. I'll figure it out tomorrow.
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 04:22 AM

well, it's not voting for me per se, but using the star system for rating each entry (and if you have time, do please read the others--some are really fantastic!).

you can vote out of 5 stars at the beginning of each person's trip report. click on the gold stars and another box will pop up where you can click on the star rating you want to give. right now there is somebody with a 5-star rating (not me) and there are 3 of us tied for second with a 4-star rating.

ultimately it won't be just the number of stars that a post gets, but the number of votes that a report generates, if that makes sense, plus the input of the moderators on the board. so a report that generates only two votes of 5 stars might lose out to a report with 15 votes of 4 stars...

thanks for being so willing to help me out on this, ct. I really appreciate it! One day our travels will take us to the same island at the same time and I'll buy your whole family a round of any libation you choose!