The Reefs in Bermuda food ?......

Sep 15th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

The Reefs in Bermuda food ?......

Can anyone offer me any suggestions in regards to dining on the MAP plan at the Reefs? I'm leaving in 2 weeks and i'll be there 8 nights. Do i want to try some of the other hotels they recipricate with? which ones are good? also how does it work with making reservations if i'm staying there? Should i try and eat at Coconut's half the time? Thanks for any help.
Sep 15th, 2004, 06:12 AM

We did not do the dine-around because others had said the food was better at the Reefs. Coconuts is a casual caribbean flare restaurant. We did not eat there at all for dinner (only lunches). The main dining room is the nicest and best food. The outdoor dining upstairs is also nice. I would eat most of the time in the main dining room. You usually make reservations in the morning for that night. Since we had children, we always ate at 6:30. I believe they start serving everyone else at 7pm. (There weren't any other children there. I believe we were the exception.It is a predominately adult hotel.)The reefs is a lovely hotel and you will enjoy it!
Sep 15th, 2004, 11:08 AM
ang

when i go to Bermuda,and that is often, we never get the meal plan because there are so many great restaurants in bermuda. I have eaten at one of the restaurants at the Reefs when i was staying next door at the Sonesta. The sonesta has a very nice restaurant called Lillian's and there is a great restaurant in downtown Hamilton called Portofino on Bermudiana Road. You should check it out.
Sep 15th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

Unless i am mistaken i don't believe you have a choice in accepting the MAP plan. I think it is automatically included?
Sep 15th, 2004, 06:23 PM

We have stayed at the Reefs a few times in recent years and the meal plan is included. The food is very good there. Have lunch in town. Go to The King Henry the VIII's across the road for a drink and the entertainment(if they still have that). The Wyndam is next door and the Princess is a walk up the hill. The Princess usually has nighttime entertainment. The Reefs has a lounge that has local singers. The Reefs also has a tea time with small sandwiches, cookies and teas. We loved this little hotel. It is neat and Bermudian. It has nice food and a private beach. Have fun!
Sep 16th, 2004, 10:20 AM

Definitely have a dinner at Cambridge Beaches. We stayed there, and thought we'd "dine around," but never left because each meal was so wonderful. I think I'd also try Ariel Sands one night because I'd like to see the property, and have heard good things about the restaurant.
I believe the hotel (the concierge, I think) makes the reservation for you at one of their participating restaurants. They even had the daily menus and specials posted for the other hotels at Cam Bchs, so you could decide early in the day.
Wish I were going back in 2 weeks! Enjoy!
Sep 17th, 2004, 06:51 AM

Hi Frankenfish. Well, Bermuda and The Reefs are probably our favorite place. My husband and I spent our honeymoon there and went back in the summer of 2003. It's a beautiful, small hotel with a wonderful Bermudian atmosphere. Customer service and the food are top rate. Both times we spent 90% of our meals at the hotel (combination of the Clubhouse (now Grill 56), Coconuts and Ocean Echo. All were great in their own way. Book a few dinners at Coconuts before you leave as it books up fast. You may also want to take one night and have dinner at a restaurant in the Hamilton area. Lots of wonderful choices. Have fun! We hope to return some day.