Please help me choose between these bermuda restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only place we have booked for our July visit is Coconuts (on the beach). My ? on that one is should we dine there our first or last night in Bermuda?
Re other possibilities:
Italian: Little Venice, La Trattoria, Tuscany or Portofino's-- or am I missing one?
Very Fine Bermuda dining: Waterlot, Tom Moore's Tavern or Port O'Call?
We need one more type or choice- 4 nights. We are very very into food and money is not a concern for this vacation. Thank you!
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 10:05 AM

The Waterlot was destined to become a steak, chop house, not sure if this has occurred. Tom Moores was recently done over, but it always was a lovely spot. Port O'Call is in Hamilton, I would select Waterloo on the food and atmosphere, althought Port of Call has
nice decor and interesting menu. It could be a toss.

As far as first night or last, I let the weather make my call. We are going in mid July and I will make my reservations once I get there. I have never tried Coconuts, I assume it gets full fast as it is The Reefs dining spot.
Bermuda unlike the Caribbean has limited
beachfront dining.

Check out Aqua, Lobster Pot. Portofinos is always super busy.
Tuscany is on Front Street, great for lunch out on the porch.
Little Venice is practically right next door, nicer.

The Hog Penny is the classic pub, and the upstairs I think now called Baracuda might be worth checking out. I also enjoy the porch at Ascots on
Pitts Bay Road.

Bermuda has lots and lots of restaurants. If you enjoy seafood
try the rockfish, wahoo, and of course
The Bermuda Fish chowder.
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 04:20 PM
sp

If you would like another beachfront restaurant, dine at Pompano Beach Resort (which is 10 minutes further down the road from The Reefs). Their view is to die for and the food is gourmet (we just returned from a stay there - the oceanfront really is amazing). This is definitely in the fine dining category. Men do not have to wear jackets, just a collared shirt.

We love Portofino's - it does get really busy - get there early. La Trattoria has wood oven pizza - we always go for that. Both of these restaurants are casual and very friendly.
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Gwen86

I would suggest Harley's at the Fairmont Princess. We had reservations at 7:30 ( a week ago). The staff was excellent and the sunset was SO romantic.

Old Jun 25th, 2004, 04:15 AM

A nice Italian restaurant to consider is Il Palio in Somerset parish. It works if you're going to get around by scooter. The last bus makes it difficult to linger, or just take a cab.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 07:29 PM

Don't know if I'm too late with my message. We were in Bermuda June 10-19. Loved it. (don't forget to put block on your back or a t-shirt when you're snorkeling!! My back got fried!). The nicest restaurant we went to was Port O Call, and it was top notch. Very creative dishes, great service, interesting wine list, and the maitre d' recommended a great new wine they had just picked up. Nice atmosphere. Really enjoyed it.

Also went to Henry VIII - more for the entertainment than food. The food was not really remarkable. And unfortunately, we went there the night the main entertainer was off!

Old Jul 19th, 2004, 08:39 AM

Aqua at Ariel Sands is out of this world. We ate there 3 times in 4 days. Loved it every time. I highly recommend it! Enjoy! I am jealous.
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 01:42 PM

Port O'Call is great. Alot of locals eat there, the wie list is great it goes on forever. Harley's at Fairmont is also good outdoor dining nice view and good food. So many good choices and these are the two that we keep going back to. Have a great trip !!!