Bermuda Restaurant - Business

Old Aug 26th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bermuda Restaurant - Business

I will be in Bermuda next week on business and need to book a restaurant for a client dinner - price is not a concern.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 11:46 AM

Try the Seahorse Grill at Elbow Beach or Ocean Echo's at the Reefs either will offer great food and make your clients appreciate you even more!

jayded1
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 12:10 PM

The Seahorse Grill is very nice, also
I can recommend The Waterloo House in Hamilton, dining outside is lovely. The old famous Fourways Inn is also a good choice, very classic.
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 12:43 PM

Acqua at Ariel Sands is also very slick and has a nice ambience.
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 12:49 PM

If you want to stay in Hamilton, I recommend Waterloo House, especially on the outdoor terrace.

Fourways is also wonderful, but an acceptable cab ride from Hamilton. They know how to make classic dessert souffles, including a "dark and stormy."

Also very good in Hamilton is Barracuda. Inventive cuisine, more of a sleek atmosphere, more on the "dress-up casual" side, but this is what you might want to be in the mood for. Also: this is a second floor restaurant on a side street, i.e. no view, but it has its own attractive vibe.

'Have also had wonderful dining at Horizons and Cottages, which has an outdoor terrace (and a jacket/tie requirement, except on Friday barbecue night.)

Haven't been to the Reefs in a while, but the view was nice. I also hear good things about Aqua at Ariel Sands.
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 04:07 PM

Agua at Ariel Sands is excellent, same
ownership as Frescos on Chauncery Lane!
Another good one!
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 05:43 AM

La Coquille at the Bermuda Underwater Institute just outside of Hamilton. The food was wonderful, the view great, and the staff accomodating and not overbearing. Good wine list!!
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 06:32 AM

I will second LoriNY's recommendation for La Coquille. We had an excellent meal there and it has a very nice view and ambience. It is located at Pembroke Hall, 40 Crow Lane, Hamilton. It is just outside the main drag.
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 07:07 AM

La Coquille has a nice setting, except it is not always open, as they are closed for private corporate events.
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 08:53 PM

I should have focused on the fact that you probably want more space and a little more privacy for a client dinner, with excellent food and a nice setting. In this light, keep my recommendations for Waterloo House, Fourways, and Aqua on the list. I also think well of Horizons and Cottages (across from Elbow Beach), which will serve on its outdoor terrace at this time of year ($55 prix fixe) and the tables are well-spaced.

Barracuda is more for when you've had a long day and just want to dine well, but a bit more casually. It would probably be a little noisy, as it seems to attract a lot of the after-work business crowd who enjoy each other's company.