Search

T&C 25th anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T&C 25th anniversary

Hey all you seasoned travelers, I need some help! I'am looking to slip a diamond anniversary ring on my sweethearts finger after 25 years of wedded bliss. I'am heading to the ocean club west, and would like to know of any romantic resturants that would set the mood right? I'am hoping to bring her to tears. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million and safe travels. Ron.
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 06:45 PM

i would like to suggest anacona at the grace bay club. wonderful white linen dining under a huge palapa. sooo romantic! go to www.gracebayclub.com and look in their photo gallery. the first pic in gallery #1 is of the restaurant.(as shown in the 2nd pic there are a couple tables available outside the palapa and closer to the beach - moonlight, stars and you can hear the waves better). the pic to access gallery #3 is of a lounge area where you might go before or after dinner with a cocktail. hope your night is all you are anticipating.
probably should reserve your table.
OR, i bet you could find someone to cater a dinner for just you two on the beach in front of ocw. maybe at www.niladestinations.com uh oh - i am getting misty....
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 03:52 AM

I would have to concur that Anacaona has a very romantic atmosphere. I'll second the vote.
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 03:57 AM

You really want rommance? How about a secluded day excursion to one of the cays? They will set you up a table on the shore, with food and drinks, leave for a couple of hours, then pick you up!! You'll have a gorgeous beach all to yourself! (unless it's peak season, and boaters could stop by from time to time, but rarely)
If you want a night restaurant, most are fairly romantic, but Anocoana is the best romantic atmosphere, so I triple it!
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 09:22 AM

The lounge area at Anacona is unbeleivably romantic, especially at night. The lighting is awesome.
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 10:25 AM

Anacona is my vote, as well. But Ron, you must let us know when you get back how it all went. Just like a soap opera!
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 10:56 AM

Here's another vote for Anacona. It's a short walk from OCW and has a very romantic atmosphere. Personally, it doesn't get better anywhere on Provo.
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 01:23 PM

Although I agree Anacona is definitely the most romantic restaurant on Provo I have found it rather inconsistent in the past with smallish portions at a steep price. The bar area is great and a combo plays on Wed, Fri and Sat night. For our 40th we ate at Coyaba at Coral Gardens. Tracy and Gianni part owners ran the restaurant. I gave Tracy a ring I was giving my wife and asked her to work it into a dessert presentation. After dinner Tracy came over and asked if we were ready for dessert--Wife--I'm full and really don't wsnt dessert. Me--Oh try some. Tracy--it's a special dessert tonight. Wife--I really don't want any-Me Tracy just bring one dessert and we'll share. It was lovely--A baked merangue (sp) mold with flowers in it and the ring nestled on top surrounded by liquer marinated Strawberries and rasberries. Needless to say my wife was stunned and it was the best dessert ever. Anyway Tracy and Gianni now own Magnolia wine bar and restaurant at Mirimar in Turtle Cove which is one of our very favorites. Great view at night and excellent food. Am sure they would do something for you if asked. Our favorite restaurant on Provo is still Coyaba and am sure Chef Paul Newman and wife Karen would do the same thing if asked. Really nice nighttime garden setting great food and service. Lobster thermidor is a favorite
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Original Poster

Thanks alot guys and gals. After putting up with me and my 3 boys for 25 years she deserves something special. I will definately let you know how it turned out. I just hope I can say a few words to her as planned without misting up myself. Happy travels. ron.
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 05:40 PM

How sweet are you!
Coyoba is very nice; if the owners have taken over Magnolia, the view there is great so that might be an option but it's a LONG and windy drive. When we were there, we were disappointed ['03].

I would also suggest Anaocona for the view alone. You can watch the sunset on the ocean and they have sparkly lights all over. Very romantic.

We loved the Ocean Club West by the way. Please post upon your return and congratulations!
Trish
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 01:23 PM

I still stand by my Magnolia recommendation. Even if you don't eat there try it one night. Splurge it's your 25th !!!. Perhaps when TnT went they had just opened, or the chef was off that night or they ordered the wrong thing but we've eaten there about eight times and never had a bad meal. If you like tuna the sesame pepper tuna steak is fantastic. Also give Coyaba a try. Chef Paul Newman is an award winning chef who has cooked all over the Caribbean and a membes of the Chainnes de Rotisseurs an exclusive chef's society.
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Original Poster

Thanks a million gals and guys. God Bless and safe travels. ron.
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 03:46 PM

Howard, we just got back from Coyoba's, and it was awesome.
We also had an excellent meal at Magnolia's.
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Original Poster

One last question? How do I make reservations? Should I call the resturnt before leaving home? I would like to make my presentation the first night. Has anyone called them long distance. Just wondering. thanks. ron
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 04:30 PM

Rone, try emailing first:
[email protected]
coyoba [email protected]
[email protected]
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 05:19 PM

Blamona--Seems like you've been there forever/ Good for you. Glad you liked Coyaba and Magnolia--They are our top two favorites.
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 06:01 AM
iw

How romantic!
What types of activities are there to do in T&C? Is there any nightlife?
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

A big thanks to you all! I hope it all works out. God speed. ron