Anguilla Birthday Dinner

Jan 17th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Original Poster

Anguilla Birthday Dinner

My husband and I are making our first trip to Anguilla in May for my 30th birthday. We are staying at Cap Juluca. I am looking for a fabulous restaurant to have dinner the night of my birthday. My birthday falls on a Monday night, so Blanchards, Trattoria Tramonto and Hibernia are all closed. I am looking for a restaurant with romantic ambience and great food. Does Cap Juluca do "private dinners" on the beach? Any restaurant recommendations? Thanks!
Jan 18th, 2005, 04:47 AM

Becca I am pretty sure that CJ will do a private dinner on the beach-just check with them in advance. Other choices might be Altamer, Covecastles,
and do not forget the newly reopened
Koal Keel. Enjoy!
Jan 18th, 2005, 12:08 PM

Also, another favorite of ours is Olivers Seaside. They will take special requests and will do something special whatever you wish. We have dined there many times, and have never been disappointed - the food is excellent. The location is perfect as there is a sunset deck on top of the restaurant, you can have a drink and watch the sun go down. Very romantic! The restaurant is open air so you are right on the beach, so you can hear and see the water. Also on the ground level there is a great place to have after dinner drinks and take a stroll on the beach. It's also very close to Cap (a 5 min drive - if that) We have had many romantic dinners there and..we go to Olivers at least twice every visit. They have a website http://olivers.ai

It will also cost you a lot less than a private dinner at Cap, and IMHO much better.
Jan 18th, 2005, 01:57 PM
KXR

Malliouhana dining is great too. The view is awesome. You may just be in time to see a sunset in the distance from this cliff top dining room.

Jan 18th, 2005, 05:26 PM
NM

Have a drink at Malli but not dinner--the bar/lounge area is wonderful. If you're not a guest at the hotel you do not get the same level of service.