Rehersal Dinner Suggestions

Oct 14th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Original Poster

Rehersal Dinner Suggestions

Hi!
I come in and out of this board, when help is needed.

We are planning our wedding for 4/2007 with Nila Destinations and we just had our first disappointment.

We were planning to have our rehersal dinner at The Plunge at the Palms, however, it seems as though they already have a group for that time, so they can not host our group of 30-40.

We're sad because we wanted this since early in the year, and were told then that we should wait until the end of the year...and here we have it, we are now the late commers

Our Wedding is being held at Anacoana, and now we are looking for suggestions for another elegant, cool place to have our rehersal dinner. Any ideas??

We want to be on the beach (not turtle cove) as we are also doing a sunset catarmaran cruise prior to the dinner, and I like the idea of picking up/dropping our guests off beachside!!

We've been to TCI twice and know most of the restaurants. Its been 2 years, so I am hoping another upscale place has been added that we are not aware of.

Thanks in advance...
E.
Oct 14th, 2006, 06:14 PM

Call the Somerset to see if the restaurant will be open by then.
www.thesomerset.com
Oct 15th, 2006, 06:05 AM

My first choice would be Coyaba. They have moved from Coral Gardens and are opening by Caribbean Paradise Inn in Oct which is right behind Grace Bay Club. Nila has coordinated many rehersal dinners and wedding receptions with them. You could then cruise from the beach at Grace Bay Club. I wouldn't rule out Turtle Cove. Most boats that do sunset cruises moor there. You could leave from there and then eat at Magnolia Wine Bar and Restaurant. Excellent food and the view at night is wonderful. Very romantic dining experience.
Oct 15th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Hi HowardC,
Is Coyaba opening at the Caribbean Paradise Inn or in a new building, buy that property?

We thought about doing Tiki Hut, as it is a fun location and laid back...but now feel that we can not go from The Plunge to Tiki Hut.

Thanks both for the suggestions. If anyone else has some, let us know.

I emailed The Somerset too.
E.
Oct 15th, 2006, 08:54 AM

welcome back truppidavies, i think howard's idea of magnolia at the miramar is a great one. it is elegant and quite romantic. has a great view of the sea and marina below. http://www.miramarresort.tc/Magnolia.htm you could do the rehersal dinner there, and walk down to the sunset cruise boat. then afterwards have them drop you off on the beach at grace bay club.
as an alternative could anancona (or someone) do a dinner/party ON the beach for you?
Oct 15th, 2006, 11:21 AM

Don't know if Coyaba is taking over part of Caribbean Paradise or building a new place on the property. Anyway knowing Paul and Karen it will be done very nicely. Nila will know or can find out. If you want to something a little more mid range you might consider Bay Bistro at Sibonne which is beachfront. Next to Sibonne. There were two guys who used to play live music there which Sibonne could arrange to get. As I recall you said that some of your guests are staying at Sands. What about a sail followed by a BBq Buffet on the beach with music and dancing in the sand
Oct 17th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

Beatrix, our wedding coordinator is off island, so if we can not move back the rehersal by one night to stay at The Palms we have decided to do the beach BBQ. We will do our sunset cruise, then get dropped off at the beach.

We are excited that they also offer a bonfire. Sounds like a fun night to me! Sunset cruise, bbq on the beach with bonfire and drinks

Hopefully the company we found is reputable: http://www.caicoscatering.com/

I am sure I will be on more often as the plans develop further. We can hardly believe we are 6 months away!

Have any of you been to Bora Bora? We are leaving TCI after our wedding and headed to Tahiti and Bora Bora - we are thrilled to pieces!
Not a bad 3.5 weeks
Oct 17th, 2006, 09:25 AM

hi E, have not been to tahiti/bora bora, but WOW your honeymoon sounds awesome.
and, i didn't even know about the caicos caterers but my thought is that as per their site - with a 'chief of important stuff' and a 'chief of "really" important stuff', how can things go wrong?
the bonfire sounds really cool and like a ton of fun. definetly a memorable experience for you and all your guests!! i might choose this over the plunge even if it is available on the alternate evening. if you do this which beach will you choose?
Oct 17th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Original Poster

Hi Virginia!
I think I agree, after mulling (sp?) for the last 24 hours, we are thinking this is going to be perfect. Sometimes, they say some things happen for a reason. And I had to laugh, with your comment on "chief important sutff" etc - I thought the same thing - they have to be good!

We are totally charged right now with the official 6 month countdown - 10 days with friends an family then off to our polynesian honeymoon for another week (with a short stop in LA) - we can hardly wait!

Check out the pics of where we are staying, Intercontiental Thalasso Spa, Bora Bora - some days I look at the site and think, this is unbelievable! We are staying in a Diamond OWB
Oct 18th, 2006, 04:49 AM

I personally have not used Caicos Catering, but heard good things about them.
What a lucky couple, wedding in Provo, honeymoon in Bora Bora. Even if something went wrong, who cares? Nobody is going to notice with those plans! 8-)
My sister is getting married on the beach in Provo in Dec. She got Sail Provo for the next day for all of us, it's going to be a blast!
I personally like the bonfire BBQ idea better-it will be great.
My honeymoon we island hopped thru Bora Bora, Moorea, Rangiora, Manihi..... We went thru the Intercontinental in Bora Bora, and it's gorgeous. Across from Intercontinental is Matitira Beach, which is what dreams are made of. 2 excursions we did in Bora Bora which were a blast-jet ski safari-goes all around the intire lagoon, with stops at the different "motus" (little gilligan type islands) and a snorkel shark feeding/stingray excursion.
Most fun place to eat there is Bloody Mary's. Don't miss a meal there!
Oct 19th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

Baloma,
Thank you for the Tahiti/Bora Bora suggestions. I have to say sometimes we are so hung up planning our wedding, that we sometimes do not look at our Honeymoon details.
Yes, we realize we are lucky! Lucky for us, I had a huge work project this summer, and needless to say it could have not come at a better time with our Wedding and Honeymoon planning

I will let you guys know what we end up deciding, probably will be the beach bbq w/bonfire.

Thanks again for all your help!
e.
Oct 19th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Original Poster

Baloma,
Please post how Sail Provo works our for your sister, we will be using them for our sunset sail cruise the night of the rehersal.
TY.
Oct 23rd, 2006, 07:46 PM

Regarding Sail Provo, my wife and I did a half-day snorkeling trip on their smaller catamaran. I think they had about 10 customers including us. The two-man crew had a great attitude and were very easy to work with, but the boat was so-so. Not that impressive in the way of libations or snacks. Not a bad trip, but not hugely fun (we are avid snokelers and divers though). I would try to do Sail Provo again if I was sure they had more guests and thus would be using their larger, newer catamaran. Honestly, though, our best snorkeling was in the protected area in front of the Coral Gardens resort. That place is the most under-sold secret of Provo because it's free and no one wants to advertise it.
Oct 23rd, 2006, 08:22 PM

truppidavies1: I've used SailProvo a couple of times with 1/2 day excursions and had a blast-loved it.
I want to go to your wedding! ;-)