Search

Snorkel Bermuda

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2004, 05:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snorkel Bermuda

Can anyone recommend a good snorkel trip in Bermuda? I had heard there's one that takes you over a shipwreck. Anyone know who runs that?
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 01:55 PM

We did a snorkle charter that showed shipwrecks on the northern side of Bermuda. I don't recall the name, but the tickets for it were sold right at the Cruise Ship dock in Hamilton. I don't recall seeing more than one charter offered. We enjoyed the trip and thought it was worthwhile. The northern reefs have much more fish & marine life to see than what you can see snorkling off the beaches in Bermuda, at least that has been my experience.
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 06:20 PM

We just did a snorkeling trip two days ago with the Hayward Family. They offer a four hour trip for $50 and go about 4 miles out to sea where the coral reef is more diverse and has more plant growth than the reefs closer to land. This boat was the camera boat for the movie, "The Deep" and Mr. Hayward is a reknown diver and has worked on exploring several wrecked ships. He takes you to several ship wrecks and also to where the sea turtles are.
He limits the number of people he takes out to about 20-25 and Mrs. Hayward says they don't offer their services to the cruise ships, so they can control the number onboard.
I'm sorry but I can't find the tel.phone # for Hayward's right now. There are several snorkeling operaters and several glass bottom boat trips that pass over the reefs and ship wrecks but do not include snorkeling.
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 04:06 AM

Blue Water Divers will take you on a snorkle trip over the wreck of the Constellation. They run a very professional scuba/snorkle operation.
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 06:54 PM

We just got back from Bermuda this passed Saturday and went snorkeling with Jesse James Cruises out of Hamilton. We had a great time! They took us to 3 different sites so we got to see a wide variety of ocean life and ship wrecks. At only $55 a person for 3.5 hours we now see why they were highly recommended to us.

Have Fun!