SERIOUSLY SCARED!!!

Jan 16th, 2003, 04:45 PM
chinaj

SERIOUSLY SCARED!!!

My husband I will be traveling to Jamaica with another couple in the month of July.For those of you who have been I have some quick questions.We want to stay at an all inclusive resort that is really nice but also VERY FUN!!! We are both in our early twenties and so are the people joining us.I think I'm stuck between Sandals Montego Bay,Ritz Carlton Rose Hall, and Wyndam Rose Hall.Are these good places to stay for couples in the twenties?This is my first trip to Jamaica, my husband's second and I'm really scared about making the wrond decision about where to stay! Help me!

Jan 16th, 2003, 04:52 PM
Nancy

Chinaj,
Just my opinion, but you can never go wrong with a Ritz Carlton property.
The other two places would probably be more fun for young folks such as yourselves, but it's RC all the way if you want luxury and pampering.
Some of the RC properties can be a little "stuffy," so if it's a party scene you want, I think I'd steer you toward Sandals.

Jan 17th, 2003, 04:20 AM
maybe

try Hedonism resorts, I think they're couples only but aimed for a younger crowd

Jan 17th, 2003, 04:49 AM
Paul

I highly rec. The Ritz Carlton. Stay there on the "Keys to Paradise" program and it's a GREAT deal.

Jan 17th, 2003, 05:46 AM
dave

Well, my 27 year old daughter and her boyfriend were at Sandals Dunns River a year ago and loved it. Very active, all kinds of stuff going on, and that great pool complex. I am used to Sandals Ocho Rios for the quieter atmosphere but also enjoy spending a couple of days over at Dunns River during the week.

Montego Bay is too close to the airport and you miss the thrill ride over to Ocho Rios! Last time we did it in a full size Mercedes bus and spent the whole trip cheering the driver on as he passed all these cars on the steep passes. Real amusement park stuff.

Jan 17th, 2003, 06:01 AM
Maureen

We had a absolutely wonderful vacation at Super Clubs Braco in Runaway Bay which is about 45 mins. from MoBay Airport in northern Jamaica. The buildings are spread out like a jamaican village. There are many restaurants including a jerk meats stand and bakery, the largest pool in Jamaica, a long white sand beach, live music, piano, pool tables etc. Highly recommend.

Jan 17th, 2003, 06:08 AM
jamaican

If looking for some fun, I would recommend staying somewhere in Negril. Not only for the fun, but for the best beach. I would recommend Couples Negril, but it is a little quiet at night. Sandals Negril is nice, but their service is hit or miss. Check out Hedo or one of the Superclub resorts. negril.com will be of some help

Enjoy!

Jan 17th, 2003, 12:23 PM
liza

Just FYI Wyndham is very popular with families w/young children, they have a waterpark.

Jan 17th, 2003, 01:18 PM
SylviaX

Chinaj: From reading your post I'd say Sandals Montego Bay would be perfect. There will be some partying and drinking, fun, but not like a college frat party. They have a really great beach there also. Look at some pictures on their web site.

Jan 17th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Parker

Go to Sandals MoBay! Yes, it is close to the airport, but I always find that I hate a long ride to a resort after sitting at the airport for several hours and then more time on a plane. If you are determined to have fun, and are that young, you will like the beach and the party scene at Sandals MoBay. I recommend it highly!

Jan 18th, 2003, 08:29 AM
chinaj

Thanks alot you guys! With this being "our" first trip together we really want to have fun. I think I agree with the one who said something about not taking along bus ride after sitting at the airport for hours.One more question-Does anyone know the average age group of tourists at Sandals MoBay?

Jan 18th, 2003, 12:44 PM
Kim

We were at Sandals MB last year and had a blast. Age at Sandals makes no difference, everybody is there to have a good time and have fun. It is a super active resort always something going on and the staff is awsome.if you prefer to be alone thats ok also. Most of the staff and playmakers are in there 20's or 30's. Super beach and great food. Email me if you have any ?'s. We will be at Sandals Negril for 10 day in Feb.Have Fun!!!!!

Jan 18th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Dan

I agree with Kim Sandals MB is a super resort, very active and she is right age does'nt matter.