Sandals Ocho Rios

Old Jun 15th, 2003, 06:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sandals Ocho Rios

I would like your opinions on Sandals Ocho Rios (only from people who have actually stayed there, please.) My husband and I are considering the resort for our next vacation. Please tell me what you liked and/or didn't like. Thank you
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 06:29 AM

My wife and I stayed there for a week 5 or 6 years ago and were not happy. The grounds are beautiful but the food wasn't very good and the staff was unfriendly--actually rude at times. Based on our experience, you would be happier at Sandals, Dunns River Falls, which is only about 15 minutes away. We also much prefer Couples in Ocho Rios, which we think is better than either Sandals.
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 05:09 AM

A friend of mine was there last May and LOVED it! She and her husband were on the plane home planning their next trip.
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 10:41 AM

Just in Ocho Rios a few weeks and met two couples on a local bus that were staying at Sandals Ochi. They were very disappointed and were trying to get relocated.

I would definitely recommend Sandals Dunns River over Ochi. I have stayed at DR often and am never disappointed. THe only time I ever stayed at Ocho Rios, we checked out after one night. The grounds were lush but the resort was worn and too compact for our taste.
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 03:36 AM

I'm also trying to decide between the two. If Ocho was $300 cheaper, would you still go to DR?
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 05:40 AM

I would personally not go to Sandals Ocho Rios period. If money is the main issue, there are better choices.

Again, was just in Ochi over Memorial Day and two couples who had never stayed at a Sandals before so had nothing to compare it to had nothing at all nice to say about it. My own experience was several years ago but I would not receommend it to anyone.
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 08:07 PM

interesting...we stayed at sandals ochi in 1997 and loved it. The staff were very friendly at that time at least and the food was good. The playmaker staff was great and very involved. Someone above said they felt the resort was too compact for their tastes compared to sandals dunns river....don't understand that as DR is on a smaller area acres wise compared to OR. The SOR property is very lush and most of the rooms have been renovated since we were there 6 yrs ago, and the buildings have been painted. The pool areas are larger at DR with large swim up bars etc, while the focus of OR is gardens/tropical feel with a smaller pool area. SDR is highrise style, while you have both options of lowrise and highrise accomodations at SOR. SDR is more active, SOR is more romantic/laid back.