Sandals Resorts - Jamaica

Old Feb 28th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sandals Resorts - Jamaica

I have been contemplating a trip to Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica. 7 days, can anyone give advise on the resort such as pro's and con's...
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 01:14 PM

GO to trip advisor site to read reviews. It was rough at first but seems to be better now. Have not stayed there, but have been to Negril Sandals...nice but honestly I think they (Sandals)are overpriced for the product the offer. One can get more bang for the buck elsewhere, but in general they are OK places, just too danged costly.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 03:42 AM
KVR

When we went to Negril, we looked at Sandals Whitehouse. We've been to Sandals Grand St. Lucia and Sandals Royal Bahamian. The Whitehouse's lowest catagory room was priced so far out of our budget, we just couldn't do it. We ended up at the RIU Tropical Bay, which was fine, but we wouldn't stay there again. On one of our excursions, we went past the Whitehouse. The resort is in the middle of nowhere. It's about an hour outside of Negril. Just for that reason alone, we were glad we didn't stay there. I would have hated to pay for cab fare to get to Negril for shopping or other activites.

I really like the concept of Sandals and would probably stay at another one if they would just lower their prices. I would also look at Sunset at the Palms. After our trip, we wished we had stayed there instead.
Old Oct 12th, 2007, 01:09 PM

I have been to the Sandals Bahamas and the Sandals Dunns river - the otehr post is right - it is way overpriced...BUT alot of times they run deals..The past 2 years I have gotten 50% off - now that is worth it. We are staying at teh Whitehouse in May 2008 in a 4 or 5 level from teh bottem (no concierge - but trust me I never used mine at all before)...including flight and travel insurance for about 3200...A co-worker went there last year and said it was wonderful adn beautiful and the food was good...I am excited - you should go if you get a deal - but if full price - no way...Nothing is worth the full rpice they want.
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 05:43 AM

WE HAVE BEEN TO ALL THE SANDALS RESORTS QUITE A FEW TIMES WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ANTIGUE. IF YOU HAVE ANY? FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME ANY TIME. [email protected] [email protected]
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 01:47 PM

I visited both mid-September with my fiance and they were 2 very different resorts.

If you're looking for a standard room category, stay at Whitehouse, (all the rooms have oceanviews, a definite plus). If you're looking to go over the top (butler service, ocean view), I would recommend Sandals Negril (the river suites are to die for!).

Whitehouse is the only resort on the beach (unlike in Negril where there are a few resorts back to back).

Negril has a more "Caribbean" feel to it. Where Whitehouse felt like you were staying at a resort.

The service was excellent at both resorts.

Hope that helps. =)