Reload this Page >

Who has the most Sandals Resort Stays?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 05:59 AM
Jim

We are on our 9th stay and would like to know how many returnees do we have visiting this board and how many time they have been to Sandals and which resort. How about their favorite one? Ours is Negril.

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Vicky

This is my first time on this site. I too am a return quest at Sandals. I was refered by a friend to read up on some of the posts on this board. I am a 7 time returnee to Sandals. We have been to Sandals MB, Royal Caribbean, Negril (5 times)and Hedomism 3. We are trying Punta Cana in Febuary, just something different. Im sure we will be back at Sandals Negril next Febuary. Our favorite Sandals is Negril as you can see from our numberous stays.

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 11:05 AM
deedee

Are you posting this just to invite abuse, Jim?<BR>Do you not yet realize how many Sandals haters there are here?<BR>Sandals is the Wal Mart of the Caribbean resort scene.

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 11:14 AM
liza

I've been to one, MoBay, about 15 years ago. I'd go to Sandals again if I'd ever go AI again...no plans to do that though.<BR><BR>Wal-Mart? Okaaaayyyyy.....I notice Wal-Mart is doing rather well

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Penney

We have been to 8 Sandals/Beaches; MoBay, Ocho Rios, Negril, Royal Caribbean, Antigua, Halycon, Bahamas and Beaches Turks.<BR><BR>For the beach, we loved Turks but staff was blah. Favorites would be Antigua and Ocho.

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 11:29 AM
peterbom

Okay, dee-dee- I'm new here, planning a trip to the beach with family and never been to a Sandals resort. Please tell me why it's the Walmart of the Caribbean resorts, and what resorts do you recommend?

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 12:31 PM
xxx`

maybe because some equate the Sandals properties as rather one size fits all ubiquitous properties that are mass marketed. YOu know, like Mickey D's, Aruba and the other big box destinations. Of course amenities might vary with different resorts but the Sandals label is loud and clear and somebody has to pay for that advertising. Interesting that people go to a gated all inclusive leaving only to depart and then say they've been to an island but have only experienced the lack of culture behind the gates along with some dining experiences where you get to line up at the buffets. But, there are those who it satisfys and they enjoy it especially the big drinkers who can float the tab. Doesn't make em smarter or dumber just wanting different things than a Caribbean destination since all you need is a Sandals/Beaches label to impress some!

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Islander

There shouldn't be a problem at all with the weather in Antigua in Nov/Dec. It is one of the islands that gets very little rain.<BR><BR>We were married at Sandals Antigua and it was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better weddingmoon. I am not one of those &quot;Sandals Lovers&quot; but this resort really has a great laid back and romantic charm to it. It has incredible landscaping, an amazing beach...and it's so peaceful and relaxing you can hear yourself breathe!! We have never enjoyed ourselves (or each other) more than on this vacation. There is plenty to do as far as land/water sports and at night they have entertainment (usually a steel drum band). They also have a beach party once a week. But what is so great is you can join in or do nothing at all! And the resort is like having your own Caribbean village to hang out in. We loved it!<BR><BR>And as far as the wedding, it couldn't have been more perfect. We had no stress what-so-ever. They took care of everything and it was SO beautiful. I can't really put the experience or the place into words to describe it well enough! We truly enjoyed it!<BR><BR>Congrats and enjoy where ever you choose to go! And if you have any other questions, or would like me to e-mail you pics, just let me know!

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Kim

We have been to 7 Sandals Resorts Sandals MoBay, Negril, Dunns River, Royal Caribbean, Royal Bahamian and both Sandals Resorts in St.Lucia.<BR>Love the Beach and sunsets in Negril. Great pools at Sandals St.Lucia Golf Resort. MoBay very up beat and active. Will be returning to Sandals Negril in Feb.Happy travels!

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 02:09 PM
Ron

To peter:<BR>xxx sums up my feelings nicely as to why Sandals is a 'vacation don't' in my family. It's generic, mass appeal and most people who go to those types of places wouldn't know if they were in Mexico, the Caribbean, Hawaii or Africa. They have no interest in expanding themselves by tasting another culture.<BR>Sandals is just like Atlantis on a smaller scale.<BR>It's a &quot;McVacation&quot;.<BR>No thank you.

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 02:26 PM
the real islander

We just returned from Sandals Antigua 2 months ago on our weddingmoon and we loved the resort. I mean this place is da bomb, peoples. We had the time of our lives. The landscaping is flat out amazing, the beach/water/sunsets are even better, plenty of activities goin' down all the time or you have the option to jus chill. This resort has an amazing laid back fly romantic charm to it. <BR>You just can't find a better weddingmoon spot than Sandals. It is the most tricked out place the Caribbean has to offer. No bad vibes at all and more sofisticated than most of those other high dollar places people are always jawflappin about. <BR>Go and you won't be disappointed.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 03:38 AM
John

We have been to Sandals/Beaches 20 times, give or take a few. Two free weeks already. Yes I Know we paid for them up front. Yes, S/B is a gated property. That is to keep people out, not in. We have been to areas of Jamaica that some of the anti Sandals posters would not even consider visiting.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 05:11 AM
Bill

We are SSG members and have been to Sandals resorts 8 times (4 SRC, 1 SMB, 2 SRB, 1 SA). All visits have been great and each resort is quite different. Our favorite is SRC. The all time king and queen of Sandals visits is Tom and Pat Warren who had 71 stays at last count, however, Tom pasted away last year. We had met another couple at SRB last year who had 170 nights.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 05:20 AM
John

Bill, Pat still visits even though Tom has passed on. Good friends of ours. Last I knew it was #77, I think. Pat is probably there right now. And will be back in Feb.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 06:22 AM
Dave

We have stayed at Sandals MoBay and Sandals Royal Caribbean each once. Our favorite is SRC.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 06:24 AM
xxxx

Just what I want for vacation - a bomb! Of course I know that someone is trying to be oh so cool and I don't have a clue what back fly romantic is or even tricked out. Hope someebody enjoyed and that visitor is not typical of the guests. Keep people out? Now why would any place want to do that? Even the most exclusive high end resorts welcome people uinless of course the amenities are stressed and it compromises their quality. It sure does a false illusion of high quality by marketing &quot;exclusive&quot; maybe? <BR>Who gains but Sandals-type properties when the cries of crime and danger are publicized?

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 10:24 AM

For xxxx, Just curious. How many Sandals properties have you stayed at? Where you able to complete your stay or did they ask you to leave? They normally ask obnoxious people to leave.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 02:18 PM
kim

Stayed at 5 and spent the day at the other two. So as far as how many have I been to yes, it is 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 03:11 PM
jim

People do travel through the year. She could have been there 10 times since last year posts. Dont worry Kim you have helped many people with their Sandals questions. Forget about the losers on this board, keep up the good work.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Jackie

I visited Sandals Negril (7/02) and had a wonderful time. I've never been one to do AI but decided to give it a try. The staff was incredible the other guests were very nice as well. We definitely plan to return in 2003. As for the posters who think that some of us stay &quot;behind closed gates&quot; let me assure you that some of us don't. Instead of going on the planned excursions, Sweetie and I rented our own taxi service and had a great time. The driver took us all over the island. We even went into MoBay and shopped around with the locals. We can only take so much of the &quot;tourist thing&quot; then we like to get away and mingle with the local people. It doesn't matter whether we're in Jamaica or Boston.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -