SANDALS-CASH VS ATM

Jun 27th, 2003, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

SANDALS-CASH VS ATM

I am going to Sandals Antigua in July. I have never been to the Caribbean before and have lots of stupid questions.I know it is an AL, however I assume there are things I will need money for, such as waverunners. I was wondering if they have ATM's at Sandals. If not should just bring lots of cash, or go into town to use ATM machines
Jun 27th, 2003, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

Jun 27th, 2003, 11:30 AM

The only thing the front desk can do is cash travelers checks. Otherwise, you have to go into town to use an ATM. I would suggest bringing as much cash as you think you would need, it will save you a trip into town later and bring you more time at the beach and resort!
Jul 4th, 2003, 08:09 PM

I have been to several sandals resorts (although not antigua) and there is never an ATM on property. You can usually cash travellers checks or get an advance on your visa at the front desk. The only thing you will need money for is tips for guides while off property, shopping, and tours. Tours can be put on credit card. Shopping at the gift shop also on credit. Massages are extra and again can be paid by credit. You will only need cash for in town shopping, tips and incidentals.