Royal West Indies Question?

Jun 12th, 2002, 04:41 AM
Sally

Royal West Indies Question?

My husband and I are considering a one bedroom ocean front suite at Royal West Indies, Provo. I would love to hear comments from people who have stayed there. Are the kitchens well equipped? When sitting out on the balconies at night were the insects a problem. We usually try to stay at properties with screened in balconies since we love to sit outside in the evenings. Other suggestions comments? Thanks.

Jun 14th, 2002, 04:26 PM
Kerry S.

We stayed at RWI & loved it.Beautiful property.Rooms extremely nice & fully stocked kitchens.Very quiet property & helpful staff.You will love it there.

Jun 15th, 2002, 03:10 PM
hulbert

there is alot of discussion/forum on accommodations on the turks and caicos forum. That should you great insights about properties/accommodations here.

Regarding private villa rentals/vacations homes I can personally assist you

Jun 15th, 2002, 03:11 PM
hulbert

My office is located opposite the royal west indes on Leeward high way. On your way from the airport look for Prestigious Properties Ltd.

when will you be arriving?

Jun 16th, 2002, 10:28 PM
Maureeh

Just got back from Provo. Had a lunch at the Mango Reef restaurant at RWI. Place was empty, and the pool was half drained with a sign that said it was closed for maintenance. Hmm...didn't see anyone working on it. We were very happy to be staying at Coral Gardens. Also, the noise from Club Med next door seemed very intrusive.

Jun 17th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Joanne

Don't know what Maureen is talking about.All the restaurants are pretty quiet on Provo now considering it is off season.If she only had lunch how could she possibly hear noise from Club Med?How can you comment when you didn't even stay there? We stayed a whole week & heard a party one night(befor 10:00) at Club Med.We were very happy with our stay at Royal West Indies.I see posts over & over again for Coral Gardens & seeing it's a small place I see more recomendatins on that place than even the Sands which I think is nicer.Makes me wonder if maybe a private owner of Coral Gardens keeps posting since they are all privately owned condos!

Jun 17th, 2002, 11:01 AM
andre

I queried the RWI re: the swimming pool. This is what they said:

Hello Mr.Hylton

Thank you for your email. The pool was closed for 2 days for cleaning and
maintaining, it is now fully operational and functioning and waiting on you
and your family to enjoy yourselves. I am sorry if that little information
gave you cause to worry. Can you please tell me where you got that
information from? Thank you and have a Great Day!!!!

Cheers

Debbie

Jun 17th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Karen

I believe Sally asked for an opinion from somebody who has stayed at the property. I hardly think eating lunch for an hour at a property hardly constitutes an opinion on a week stay or more.

Jun 17th, 2002, 05:58 PM
Sally

I appreciate everyone's comments, but those who have stayed at the property are the most insightful. Having been to TCI many times with several stays at Ocean Club and villas all with screened porches, we wonder if we will miss that feature at RWI in the evenings. Also, the potential for Club Med noise does concern us. We have stayed at Ocean Club on the other side of Club Med and that was very quiet. Please don't argue, everyone has been so helpful on this Fodor's site, even for our Sud Tirol trip, I got so much detailed information. Thanks!

Jun 18th, 2002, 04:52 AM
Gary

Hi!

I am the General Manager at Royal West Indies and I would just like to assure people that may have been worried by Maureeh's comments - the pool is once again crystal blue and clear following our 2 day pool maintenance program. We ensure once a year that the pool is scrubbed and water completely replaced.

Good luck on your decisions - all the properties are lovely here and it is hard to make a mistake.

Jun 19th, 2002, 03:42 PM
ST

To the General Manager of RWI:
Thanks for replying. What is going on with Club Med and the Sharkies Beach Bar evening beach parties? Can guests at RWI hear the noise? Maybe all the resorts can get together and encourage the government to prohibit evening noise pollution on Grace Bay. Such a pristine place. Thanks.

Jun 20th, 2002, 09:04 AM
Luisa

Hello all,
Just got back from TCI on June 17 and stayed at the RWI's for about 3 hours before we left for Point Grace. I could believe they had to clean the pool cause when we got there it was green and foggy. We had booked an oceanfront one bedroom end unit. The room was very nice and the people were nice too but the air conditioning in the room wouldn't work. They kept telling us it would kick in but after three hours of basically the runaround we decided to leave. We were originally supposed to rent a private beachfront condo at RWI's and thank god we didn't cause the air conditioners in the first building apparently don't work aswell as the properties in the back. I guess they figured it out afterwards. If we had rented private we would have been stuck in a warm room with a yukky pool with no way out. The staff was accomodating and refunded our money. I've been to many Caribbean islands and this was the first time I got about 100 misquito bites. My goodness i'm still itching them. Yes, the bugs are horrible at night. If you want to hang out outside screened porches should be high on your list. You can't really enjoy the night because of the bugs. No other island i've been to had this. Everyone said it's only when it rains that the misquitos come out. We stayed at Point Grace for 2 weeks and loved it. If you have any questions let me know.
Luisa

Search this Thread