Search

Rose Hall Resort & CC

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rose Hall Resort & CC

Any recent experiences at this property since they remodeled? In particular:

1) How do they work the AI plan as you can also not participate? Sign for all and they remove at the end? Bracelet?

2) Waterpark experience

3) Cab or Juta from Airport?

thanks in advance
Old May 15th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Original Poster

bump. Anyone?
Old May 18th, 2008, 04:59 PM

Hi Steve, we went for spring break and loved it. We have stayed at Half Moon in Montego Baby and we called this place "Quarter Moon." The AI was the best and easiest one we have ever had; you have a bracelet and then can have whatever you want--the biggest surprise is how good the food was.

The waterpark is fun (we had an 8-year old with us so it was a hit).

Not sure what "Juta" is, but we took a cab and it was only $25 (it is max 15 minutes from the airport).

Happy to answer specific questions; we went because we needed to do something economical and were amazed how nice it is.

Mary in D.C.

Old May 20th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Original Poster

Marymarra,
Thank you for the information.

Is the water park next door, do you remember if there were height restrictions for use of the waterslide?

The JUTA is the tourist bus service the Jamaican Tourism board created for transfers to and from hotels. The resort suggested we use it over a cab

Thanks again.

steve
Old May 21st, 2008, 02:50 PM

Hi Steve, I guess it depends how much the Juta costs; we found the cab super easy--$25 bucks is the set price and they direct you to one when you clear immigration and customs (which was super fast, we hadn't been to MB since the aiport was renovated--it's great). Thinking about it, I wonder if the "cab" was took was JUTA since a woman with a clipboard directed us there--it may be the same thing.

The "water park," I am putting in quotes because it is really a second fancy pool--there is a big slide and a lazy river and a swim-up bar; you ride down the slide in innertubes and then can also go down the lazy river; it is beautifully landscaped, but it is the kids pool. We don't go to water parks, but from what I have seen from a distance or at Disney, they wouldn't call this a waterpark, they it would call it a waterslide. For example, we stayed at the Polynesian at Disney and with the exception of the lazy river, this pool looks like the water slide there. Tell me what you were thinking it might be and I can tell you if it is like that. Not sure about height restrictions but it looked like kids about 6 were going down it all the time. They were also letting kids go down on their parents laps. For better or worse, it's Jamaica, so while there are lifeguards, they didn't blow their whistles much.

Please don't take my comments as being negative, we were so surprised by how nice this resort is, but if you are thinking waterpark as a whole separate facility, it is not like that, it part of the resort complex, just off the beach, a very short walk from the more adult pool.

Hope this helps; feel free to ask more questions.

Mary in D.C.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 09:25 AM

JUTA cabs are at the airport and are the cabs recommended by the tourist board and thus, most hotels.

Here's their website with rates.

http://www.jamaica-tour.com/ground-transportation.htm
Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:36 PM

JAGIRL and Steve, I'm sure we took a JUTA cab--it was super easy and, from the perspective of somone who lives in a city, super cheap.

Mary
Old May 23rd, 2008, 06:07 AM
Original Poster

Marymarra,
Thanks for the additional info. I refer to it as a "waterpark" as that is how they note it on their site.

Expectations are not a Wet & Wild by any meand and rather a pool, lazy river, and waterslide as you note.

-steve
Old May 24th, 2008, 10:00 AM

Steve--it is funny that they call it a waterpark, but I don't think you will be disappointed--my daughter loved it; one tip--it is worth it to grab your lounge chairs before you go to breakfast, I know it's a pain, but that way you'll have it. There are these cool cabanas around the "waterpark," if you are an early riser, go grab one--they were great to take a break from the sun.

Enjoy,

Mary