Disney World

Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disney World

Going in Sept. which disney pools are the best to visit?
Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:15 PM

Do you mean which hotel should you stay at for the pool?

With older kids, the beach club pool looks nice though I think the location near Epcot isn't the best. We stay at the Polynesian as our kids like that pool, although the slide at the Animal Kingdom is far easier for smaller kids to enjoy.

But, if you're asking which hotel to crash without being a Disney Hotel guest, then I'd suggest you look up the term "theft of services."
Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:22 PM

The deluxe pools require arm band/bracelets and have staff checking. We stayed at the Beach Club and hit the pool early in the morning before someone was giving out the bracelets but we were stopped at some point and asked to show our resort key and told that we needed to get the arm band. I'm sure this is true of all of the deluxe resort pools.

But most people do not know that, if you are staying in a Disney All Star resort, you are allowed to use any of the All Star resort (music, movies, or sports) pools. I know that Movie's main pool (Fantasia) is being closed soon for a major refurbishment that will last almost 3 months. I think it is closed in Sept.

Both water parks are great but do not buy the Water Fun & More option for your tickets unless you will use at least 2 of the admissions. Otherwise, single entry tickets are more economical.

Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:55 PM

As a DVC member and I have been to WDW 25+ times, I would have to say Stormalong Bay at Beach Club is the best pool...with or without kids. We always stay at Old Key West and the pool there is pretty good, but I would take SAB anyday!!! Need any help with the resort choices??
Old Aug 4th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

I thought as long as you're a Disney guest you could use any of the pools within the Disney complex. We were thinking of visiting different pools.
Old Aug 4th, 2006, 06:17 AM

Pool hopping is not allowed at WDW.

It is a good rule in my opinion. If I'm paying $400 a night for a room at at deluxe hotel at WDW, I'm entitled to the pool that goes along with the price of that room. Someone paying under $100 at a value resort should not be able to share the pool with me.

Sorry, but no.
Old Aug 4th, 2006, 06:23 AM

Mikesmom is right. There is no hotel pool hopping at WDW.
Old Aug 4th, 2006, 07:39 AM

I think that years ago, pool hopping used to be permitted at the Disneyland (California) hotels...maybe that's what you're remembering.
Old Aug 4th, 2006, 07:03 PM

If you are a DVC member or you rent points from a DVC member, you will have pool hopping ability. The only 2 you CANNOT pool hop to is StormAlong Bay at Y&B Club and Animal Kingdon Lodge.