Search

Romora or Coral Sands?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12th, 2003, 02:22 AM
missj

Romora or Coral Sands?

I have been looking into vacations on Harbour Island. Has anyone stayed at either of these resorts? We plan to go the last week in April. TIA.

Old Dec 12th, 2003, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are both very nice. Romora is a bit smaller, and the accomodations are villas over looking the bay side of the island. The food is great and there is a nice common area. Nice pool also overlooking the harbour.

Coral Sands is RIGHT on the beach. It is a bit bigger, probably 60 rooms with nice amenities, tennis, pool and common areas for relaxing.

Both are very nice, I would think it might depend on what you are looking for. If you have kids stay at Coral Sands, you are likely to have other children there.

IF it is just the two of you, stay at Runaway Hill.

Have a great time and enjoy the island. If you have any other questions, just let me know.
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 09:03 AM
missj

Can you tell me more about runaway hill? Thanks!

Old Dec 12th, 2003, 09:25 PM

Runaway is our favorite place on island, only 10 guest rooms, GREAT food nice bar area and dinning room. Breakfast is the best to me, because you sit outside on the porch and have the most amazing view of the deck/pool and the ocean.

Each room is nicely appointed and most have balconies with a view of the water, so you can just enjoy the view.

We are usually there at least once a year and will be there in probably May this year and I can't wait.

Try the website for the island www.briland.com and the site for runway is www.runawayhill.com.

Hope this helps, have a great time.
Old Dec 13th, 2003, 05:39 AM

We stayed at Coral Sands 3 years ago and loved the location. Choose the newer building. It had gorgeous views and steps from the beach.

We toured all the other places on Harbour Island including Romora. We did not like Romoro half as much as Coral Sands. I highly recommend Coral Sands. It is next door to the famed Pink Sands (ultra exculsive)however, a bit on the snobbish side.

Harbour Island has a nice 3 mile Pink Sand beach but other than that, we found other islands, i.e. St. John, USVI and Bermuda much more desirable and many more things to do. Plus,, the latter 2 islands are extremely picturesque. Harbour Island is fine for a long weekend, if you just want a nice beach and relaxation with not much else to do.

I would suggest on your next Caribbean trip to go to St. John, you will fall in love with that island and the stunning beaches and gorgeous town.

Again, I'd chose Coral Sands!