Search

Harbour Island

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harbour Island

I am interested in visiting Harbour Island. Anyone have recommendations about accomodations? Romance, beach access, and quality are all a plus.
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 05:51 PM

I can tell you that I was very happy with my stay at Pink Sands. You have fabulous beach access from this hotel. You also get alot of privacy. Harbour Island itself is very sweet. Enjoy!!
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 07:46 PM

There are several nice places to stay on Harbour Island, on the windward and the leeward side of the island.

On the windward side
www.islandoutpost.com (pink sands)
www.runawayhill.com (only 12 rooms)
www.coralsands.com
www.dunsmorebeach.com (private villas)

Leeward side
www.romorabay.com (great food, villas)
www.rockhousebahamas.com
www.thelanding.com

YOu also might try:
www.myharbourisland.com (more info)
www.briland.com (ditto)

Hope this helps and have a great time.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 02:44 AM

Wantsomesun is your best resource for HI information...I will just add that my husband and I spent three days there last November and loved it. Very quiet, the most gorgeous beach we've ever seen, excellent (expensive) dining. We stayed at Coral Sands and thought we got decent value for our money. Would definitely recommend a junior suite over the smaller rooms. Not luxurious but very nice and common areas are beautiful. We walked through Pink Sands (which is right next door) but thought the Morrocan decor (of the main areas) was out of sync with the island. But it is definitely more upscale than Coral Sands. Runaway Hill was closed when we were there but they warmly invited us to tour it. Lovely spot (they even gave us a tour of their kitchen and laundry room!), more like staying in a large b & b or country inn.

I like the Landing and the Rock House for dining but think they might be too busy as a place to stay and you can't wake up to that beautiful beach!

Have fun.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 11:34 AM

I also have been to Harbour Island and stayed at Pink Sands. By the way, the decor in the common areas is not Moroccan. Anyway, the place is very romantic and the individual cottages are great.