Reload this Page >

Dunmore beach club or Pink Sands, please advise

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 06:55 AM
ann

My husband & I are wanting nice deluxe room/bathroom, beautiful beach, excellent service, beautiful grounds & good food. Work out gym, if possible. We're considering Dunmore or Pink Sands. Please share your thougts. Thank you.

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 08:13 AM
HI

I don't know if those 2 hotels have gyms or not.<BR><BR>We went to HI last spring. We stayed at the Coral Sands next to Pink Sands.<BR>I think between Dunmore and Pink Sands, I would choose Pink Sands. <BR><BR>Cottage like and right on the beach. Personally, although we had a nice time, we like other islands much much better than Harbour Island.<BR><BR><BR>There is one main beach on the island which is 3 miles long. This is not Hawaii, Bermuda or St. John, USVI...<BR><BR>

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Ronda

Dear Ann<BR>My husband and I have stayed at both Dunsmore and Pink Sands within the past year. They both have their high points and you can't go wrong with either. You've probably read this on Internet sites if you've done any research, and I found it to be true: Pink Sands is more exotic, and Dunsmore is like staying at a friend's house. None of the rooms are right on the beach, there are little paths to get you to the beach. But if it's important for you to have a beach view, make sure you ask for one. Pink Sands has nice marble bathrooms, but Dunsmore has enormous bathrooms you could have a cocktail party in. Our bathroom at Dunsmore had a separate room for the toilet, a &quot;room&quot; with the shower, and then the bathroom with the jacuzzi tub, twin sinks and then a vanity area besides. What a dream. Pinks Sands also has a pool, but we didn't miss it when we stayed at Dunsmore. I don't know how important a fitness room is to you, but you can get quite a workout just walking to town (it's hilly, and most people rent a golf cart, even though the island is so small).<BR>Both resorts attract the kind of guests who are quiet, friendly but will leave you alone if you crave privacy. Pink Sands has room service and Dunsmore does not, however, the dining room at Dunsmore is oceanside and only a few steps from the room. Both made allowances for my picky eating habits. Pink Sands served us lobster as an entree when it was only listed on the menu as an appetizer. Dunsmore dinner menu was very heavy on the red meat, so I asked them to please serve seafood (and they graciously complied). Pink Sands' rate has breakfast and dinner, and Dunsmore's rate includes all three, but my understanding is that Dunsmore will make allowances and provide a two meal a day rate if you request it. <BR>I hope you have an enjoyable trip. Harbour Island is heavenly.<BR><BR>

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 07:32 PM
Cathy

HI,<BR>Just curious, but what did you not like about Harbor Island? Was it too quiet? What the island not tropical enough? I am planning a trip for next June and want to weigh my pluses and minuses.

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 04:13 AM
HI

It's not that we didn't like Harbour Island. We found the beach to be very pretty but the rest of the town just wasn't that picturesque or tropical looking. Restaurants had good food, not much in the way of shopping. People very nice. I don't think we would go back there. There are so many other lovelier islands. <BR><BR>I'm sure I'm going to get bashed from all the HI lovers out there. Sorry, but that was our impression of the island.<BR><BR>After going to Bermuda and St. John, to us it those islands had it all. Many more beaches, especially in St. John. That was our favorite island. <BR><BR>We are not into nightlife but we liked exploring the 30+ beaches that were gorgeous and going into their lovely town for dinner and shopping. <BR><BR>You can also take daysails over to the BVI's. If I had the choice I'd put my money into St. John or Bermuda.