Ritz: Jamaica or Cancun

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 09:55 AM
Bruce

Ritz: Jamaica or Cancun

Looking for a family vacation to cash in some FF miles and considering either Rose Hall or Cancun. Basically looking for nice pool/beach; dining out is not a big deal for us. Kids programs would be good. I hear the Cancun Ritz has a beautiful beach but Rose Hall is newer and has a good AI program. We don't plan on doing much except sitting beside the pool and swimming, and I assume both places have decent exercise equipment. Any advice is appreciated.
BF

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 12:04 PM
kara

Bruce,
My husband & I've been to Ritz in Jamaica & Cancun. If you want beautiful beach, get into town easily, nicer pool, then go to Ritz in Cancun. Jamaica Ritz doesn't have a good beach & pretty small. However, Jamaica Ritz has AI plan and Cancun Ritz has club room plan. We liked the Cancun Ritz much better for the pool/beach/view & also it is so easy to take a local bus and go into town and eat at differnt restaurants. why not stay at Ritz in Cancun and eat out. Yes, Ritz (Jamaica & Cancun)has decent exercise equipment. Cancun Ritz has all OCV room. Eventhough, Ritz in Cancun is older property, they kept it really nice & live up to Ritz standards. I'm not sure about the kids programs in Cancun, call their 1-800 to find out. I saw a play room for kids in Jamaica.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 10:43 PM
Erick

Ritz Cancun! FORGET Jamaica copmletely!!

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 04:16 AM
gail

Can't speak to Cancun, not much into Mexico, but did Ritz Jamaica last January & are returning for Thanksgiving week- 8 year old daughter had a blast with kid's club- Lots of activities- Scavenger hunts, pajama parties, swimming. Also Ritz set up a day at the resort down the road- Can't remember the name- that had a water park. We spent the a.m. there- That was enough! The beach at the resort is pretty, but can be rough, so they have another beach that you shuttle to which is calm and has all the water sports.Whichever, have fun!

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Nancy

Have not been to Jamaica, but the Ritz in Cancun is wonderful. The beach is beautiful, there are 2 pools, the food is excellent and the service is exceptional. I believe you can't go wrong at any Ritz Carlton, but I would definitely choose Cancun over Jamaica.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Adele

One thing to remember is I don't think the children's programs are very inclusive of little ones. If I remember correctly the Kids Club starts at age 5, so if you have young ones it wouldn't be for them.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Beth

I've been to the Ritz Cancun , and it is a great place to stay! It didn't look like an older property to me. The beach and pool area are real nice. We are going back in Feb. I've been to Jamaica before and the whole island is a dump. I didn't stay at the Ritz there though, but I'll never go back to Jamaica. Cancun is so much nicer!

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Fine then

Hey Beth---a simple "I didn't enjoy Jamaica" would have done fine. You're statement that "the whole island is a dump" was crass, childish, and untrue.

You've BEEN to Cancun? And you think Jamaica is a dump? Yikes.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 11:08 AM
xyz

Who do you think you are tellling her what she should have said!!! If she thinks it's a dump, that's what she's going to say because that is HER OPINION. Maybe the term "didn't enjoy" is an understatement and therefore not a true representation of her opinion. Any person with half a brain will take all opinions and with a grain of salt cuz everyone's opinion is different.