Search

CANCUN HOTELS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CANCUN HOTELS

lloking for a 5 star hotel for our family spring break trip. Kids are 7 & 10--we like a lot of action...any suggestions?
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 02:52 AM

Ritz Carlton best of breed

check reviews www.tripadvisor.com
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 03:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you sure you want to be in Cancun during spring break with your young kids? It sn hry pretty wild there.
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 05:30 AM
KVR

Actually, we were there in April, 2008 and were over run by families and kids more than Spring Breakers. Yes, we picked the wrong hotel for our trip. It just depends on what hotel you chose. A 4 to 5 star non-AI hotel will keep away the Spring Breakers. Also look at Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach. It actually sits on a pretty good stretch of beach unlike other hotels in Cancun. Also check out the Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun, Hilton, Hyatt, JW Marriott, Presidente Intercontinental Cancun, and Westin.

If you want to avoid Spring Breakers off the resort stay away from chain restuarants. Ie; Margaritaville, Carlos & Charlies, Sr. Frogs, Hard Rock Cafe, Bubba Gumps, etc. They were packed with crazy young adults drinking heavily. And, a few grown adults also.
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 09:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Check out the Ritz Carlton, the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach, and the JW Marriott. I was there a couple of years ago and stayed a few nights at the Ritz Carlton (non-club level) and a few at the Fiesta American GC (club level). While I was underwhelmed by Cancun overall, I actually preferred the Fiesta Americana over the Ritz, although if I ever went again, I would skip the club level and just go with a regular room. I didn't care for the location of the Ritz Carlton and thought the pool area was pretty awfully landscaped. Also, the beach in that area was very eroded. I thought the Fiesta Americana was well located, the grounds were nicer, and the beach in that area was far superior.