Search

Cancun - Best Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancun - Best Hotels

What advise can you give on the absolute BEST hotels in Cancun? I would be especially geared to the newest or most recently refurbished. Also, a great pool is important to us. Many thanks!
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 04:09 PM

We are going to the top rated hotel the Ritz Carlton next week.I hear good things about the J.W.Marriott also.
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 04:11 PM

The Top 3 are:

JW Marriott
Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach
Ritz Carlton
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 05:00 PM

Trip advisor has it#1= R/C,#2= J.W. The F.A Coral Beach was beautiful when I was last in Cancun 12 years ago.
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 06:29 PM

The pool at the JW is better than at the Ritz IMO.
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 07:30 PM

If you want "absolute BEST" in Cancun, you want the Fiesta Americana Coral Beach. The place is awesome.

Have fun!
Mark
www.tiogringo.com
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 07:13 PM

Le Meridien was a great hotel but it is not all inclusive. It's right next to the Ritz Carlton (rated no. 1 by Conde Neste). We have stayed at the Riu and the location is great, walking distance to the shopping center, restaurants, bars, clubs, etc.
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 01:37 PM

I stayed at both the Ritz and JW Marriott in early October. In my opinion and for the areas of the resort I used the most, the JW was much better. In terms of "newness", the JW's gym, rooms, and pool were much better. From what I saw, the JW, Ritz and Merdien, had the best locations and prettiest beaches. I do believe the Ritz has some nicer resturants than either of the other two, and is ranked number #1 on Tripadvisor. But for what you are looking for the JW is great and I can't recommend it enough!
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 02:13 PM

Of the three I recommended earlier, we have stayed at RC and FAGCB, and will be staying at JW soon (have already checked it out a couple of times when in town).

I don't really susbscribe to claiming that one is better than the other, or to say that "this one is #1 or that one is better."

imho, if you choose to stay at one of the top properties, chances are you will be very happy no matter which one you select, and people should not get caught up in what position some advertising-dollar-generated publication has a property rated at.

Each one of the top rated hotels (as well as many of the lesser-known places) will make for a wonderful vacation for a large percentage of the population.
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 09:53 AM

Just got back from Cancun, where we stayed at the Ritz and walked through a few of the other hotels. From other posts, I had expected the JW Marriott to be comparable, but it very simply is not. JW Marriott has very nice landscaping, and is surely comfortable. But if you're really usually staying at Four Seasons/Ritz-type hotels, you'll notice a very significant difference in quality of the hotel furnishings and level of service attention immediately.

Although there are a number of sources reflecting differences of opinion, I personally find it very hard to see an argument that there are any truly five-star hotels in Cancun other than the Ritz and the Le Meridien (which is also very nice). The other hotels are a noticeable cut below in terms of service and pure quality of the hotel's facilities.

I didn't visit the Fiesta Americana, but AAA's generally very reliable ratings list the Fiesta Americana as the other five-star diamond award in Cancun (along with the Ritz). There are three other five-star diamond award hotels in Mexico, as well, if you're interested in other areas -- the Four Seasons in Punta Mita and Mexico City, and Rosewood's Las Ventanas in Los Cabos.
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 01:16 PM

I have stayed at The Fiesta AMericana GRand Coral Beach and it was so far the best hotel I have been to in Mexico, if I were to go back I would try the JW Marriott because I have heard so many great things about it. Again it's all a matter of preference. I think any of the hotels mentioned can't be beat. Have a great time.