Aqua Bay Condos

Aug 3rd, 2002, 09:55 AM
Lisa

Aqua Bay Condos

Hi, and thanks to everyone who has helped me out these past couple months.

We've finally decided on the AB Condos. We have a one-bedroom unit, and I have a quick question...do we need to request a newly-renovated unit there, or are they all pretty comparable?

Can hardly wait until December!
Lisa

Aug 28th, 2002, 07:14 PM
josie

I'd like to know this, too. We are considering this condo for a future visit. Does anyone know??

Aug 29th, 2002, 05:35 AM
Debby

Lisa,

We just came back from Aqua Bay on August 10th. All the condo's have been updated in the past year. We were told this by a condo owner that we made friends with by the pool. We stayed in #5 which was redone and since our flight was leaving at 5pm they let us use condo #8 until we were ready to go to the airport for an extra charge. We also made friends with the people that stayed in condo #3 and that was redone. So I'm pretty sure they all have been redone as the condo owner said. It's a great place to stay. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Make sure you snorkel Cemetary Reef which is not even a five minute walk north on the beach. Each time we snorkeled it we saw something new. Hope you enjoy your trip!

Aug 29th, 2002, 06:04 PM
Lisa

Debby,
Thanks so much for the info! I feel confident we'll have a great time at Aqua Bay now. I'm not sure what unit we will be in, but I might try to find out. Did you rent a vehicle?

Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it!

Lisa

Aug 30th, 2002, 05:13 AM
Debby

Lisa,

We were able to find out which condo we were staying in about a week before we left. They also gave me the telephone number right to that condo so we were able to leave it with family members in case there was a problem at home.

Yes, we rented a car while we were there. Rented from Dollar, a Hyunda 9 passenger van. Used it everyday. Fosters the grocery store is about 8 - 10 minute drive from AB and there is no restaurants that are walking distance either. So its pretty much a must have. But I would rather have that then stay were all the big hotels are and deal with the crowds.

If you have any other questions let me know. I traveled with my kids 15, 12, and 19 months. So just ask.

Sep 2nd, 2002, 04:58 PM
Lisa

Thanks again for the help. I will definitely rent a car and call to get our condo number before we leave.

Was the beach very crowded? Also, is the beach private, or do others who are not staying on the property use it, too? We've run into this before other places, so I'm hoping only Aqua Bay tenents can use the beach.

Also, are there days when NO cruise ships are in port? Seems like I've read lots of posts talking about cruise ship people invading. How do you find out which day(s) there will be no ships so you can plan a day to Stingray City, for example?

Again, thanks for the info. It is so helpful to have news from someone who's stayed there recently.

Lisa

Sep 3rd, 2002, 04:29 AM
Scott

Lisa,

Seven Mile beach is a public beach, so anyone is welcome to any part of it. You are far enough north, that you need not worry at all about possible crowds. That section of beach by AB will definitely be crowd free.

Sep 3rd, 2002, 12:22 PM
Debby

Lisa,
Like Scott (the post before me said) it is a public beach but most of the time we were the only ones on the beach or just a few people from AB.

As far as the cruise ships, yes one day there was 4 huge ones in port. We saw that only one day. Mostly it was 1 or 2. Sunday is the only day there are no ships, but the town closes down too. Everything is just about closed. No grocery stores, souvenir stores, and I was told or read somewhere that the dive boats etc. are on a limited schedule.(Just a little tip,Georgetown stores close as soon as the cruise ships leave every night). But, since you are going in December when it is more busier the schedules might change for everything. If you call Gail or I think her name is Paula in the office at AB they could give you more accurate information.

Debby

Sep 4th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Lisa

Thanks again for the info. I will put it to good use!
Lisa

Sep 4th, 2002, 09:33 AM
D

for the cruise ship schedule in Cayman check out:
http://www.caymanport.com/

Oct 6th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Lisa

Thanks, D. What a great site! I am able to plan in advance which day to visit Stingray City. I did't want to go there when 1,000 cruise ship people are there, and fortunately, I'll be able to do that. There's only one day with only one ship in port (Sunday). Some days, there are four ships there. Seems like a lot of people for just a small island!

Oct 11th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Suzanne

I just returned from GC and stayed 8 nights at Aqua Bay. It was great!!