North Shore accommodations

Aug 27th, 2006, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

North Shore accommodations

Hello,

We're going to be visiting Oahu over Thanksgiving and are thinking of staying on the North Shore, but are having trouble finding places. The group is 5-6 adults and consists of my husband and I, my mom, my sister, my brother and possbily my brother's girlfriend. We are open to sharing a condo/rental if it is big enough for all of us, or to getting 2-3 hotel rooms.

For just the two of us, my husband and I would like to spend $100-125/night (closer to $100, if that's possible). My mom is open to spending a bit more, but of course needs a bigger room, or two rooms. My mom and sister had dinner at the Turtle Bay resort and loved it, but we can't afford anything that expensive. But something in the same area would be great.

If we got a rental, we'd need something like 2 queen beds and 2-3 twin beds, and possibly a sleeper sofa or something. And I think we'd want at least 2 bathrooms. We'll be there about a week, so hopefully that satisfies the minimum stay requirements.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is it a lost cause? We've found lots of hotels in Waikiki/Honolulu, but my sister goes to UofH, so we think she'll want a change of pace for the holiday.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Kasey
Aug 27th, 2006, 01:13 PM
TAW

have you tried vrbo.com? Rent condos directly from owners. If you could find a 3bedroom with 2 or 3 baths it would be perfect. But aren't you starting to look a little late for that time period? That's a popular time for people to travel to Hawaii. Good luck and have a great trip.
Aug 27th, 2006, 01:20 PM
iceeu2

kasey, do a search and see if you can find the trip report of ggrtist from a couple of years ago.

She stayed in a great house. I will search and see if I can find it and top it for you if I do.

Aug 27th, 2006, 01:59 PM

There is a condo complex within Turtle Bay called Kuilima Estates or Turtle Bay condos. You might want to look into that. They are not as pricey as the hotel and are located in the same general area.

Another option would the KeIki Beach Bungalows in Haliewa. Our ever lovely makai1 has stayed in one the of bungalows and raved about the aloha spirit.
http://www.keikibeach.com/accommodations.htm

-Bill
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:24 AM

We stayed at the Turtle Bay condos last year and really enjoyed our stay. We paid about $125 per night for our condo. There was a master bed and bathroom downstairs, a second bathroom, living area (with futon couch), and a loft bedroom with two queen beds. The lanai overlooked the golf course and we were a 5 minute walk from the resort and beach. We rented thru vrbo.com.
Sep 1st, 2006, 11:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions. We actually just booked a condo through Turtle Bay Estates. They are definitely starting to fill up because of the holiday, but we were still able to get something that fit our criteria.

Thanks again for all the tips.
Kasey