Restaurants on T&C

Old Jan 12th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Restaurants on T&C

We (2 adults, 2 teenagers) are staying at Turks and Caicos Club in March and are looking for restaurant recommendations. We have rented a car so we don't mind driving. Price is not an object, just food quality and good service. As an example, when we were on Nevis last year we stayed at Four Seasons, but one of our favorite seafood restaurants was in a small little building at the west end of the airport runway, forgot the name, but the food was great.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 05:08 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
check out:

www.wherewhenhow.tc

menus, webs, locations of all the restaurants.

Some of my favorites:
upscale: Coyaba
Budget: Horse eyed Jack/Da Conch Shack (next to each other)
Wed night: ribs $13 at Tiki Hut

Simba at T&C Club is good, as is Bay Bistro.

Hemmingways is always a fav-especially on Thursday nights with live music-and great pleaser with teenagers.

Aqua has been great lately too.
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 05:15 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We had great dinners at Coco Bistro and Grace's Cottage.
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 07:03 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I second Grace's Cottage. Leave room for th chocolate souffle. Yummmm.
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, one of my favorite things to do is to find at least one restaurants where the "belongers" (locals) like to go, usually a great experience.
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 07:12 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We enjoyed Bonnie's which has a more local crowd. Have heard good things about Smokey's in Blue Hills.
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 07:24 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Our favorites are Coco Bistro, Aqua, and Magnolias.

The Conch Shack is fun for lunch.

Have also heard that Smokeys is a local favorite. Have not been able to check it out yet.If you like jerk dishes, Hole in the Wall is a local spot and was good.
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 08:28 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
anacona at the grace bay club seems to get mixed reviews re service but it is the most romantic on island and i've enjoyed it each time we've been.
my favorite on island is aqua bar in the turtle cove marina area. local business ppl often dine there.
i enjoy the tiki hut, also in turtle cove. less expensive than most & their rib nite is great. also sharkbite in same area does burgers and has a couple game machines, and a cool t-shirt!
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 04:21 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I agree with all of blamona's recommendations. Simba was my favorite upscale restaurant. If we didn't go there on our last night, we probably would have returned. On a more casual scale, we still talk about the conch in a coconut sauce that we ate at Da Conch Shack. We also loved the demonstration that the staff gave us on how they retrieve the conch from the shells.
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 07:41 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For a spectacular sunset dinner head for Magnolia's above Turtle Cove. It's just down the road and around the corner from where you'll be staying. Arrive about a half hour before sunset and have a cocktail on the outside veranda, then go inside for dinner. The food is excellent and the view is simply mesmerizing!
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 09:12 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Avoid Magnolia's. While the view and the food were excellent, we had absolutely horrible service when we were there.

My wife and I are not drinkers so they knew there was not going to be a large bar bill. Also, my wife ordered the tuna, but did not want it cooked rare (her choice). After sending it back twice, they finally said, rare is the only way it should be cooked. By this time, I was already done with my meal. We ending up leaving and my wife had pizza down at the Tiki Hut.

This was our only bad experience in T&C.
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 06:40 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We loved the Tikki Hut... we probably go there at least 3-4 times each visit (definitely Wednesday for Chicken/Rib night).

For more upscale accomodations, we like Anacoana's at Grace Bay Club.

Another good one is Mango Reef @ Ocean Club (east). It gets mixed reviews, but we tried it on our last visit and really enjoyed it.

We usually stay at The Sands, which has Hemmingway's restaurant. I think it's just ok, but a lot of other people seem to like it.