Search

Restaurants on Grand Cayman

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2004, 04:47 PM
NM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restaurants on Grand Cayman

We are headed to Grand Cayman for our 4th trip in 10 yrs. We are staying in a condo on 7-mile and like being active during the day--diving and snorkeling and then go out for a great dinner. We typically travel to Anguilla in the winter so we are used to great food even if the prices are high. The musts for dining as we understand it include: The Reef, Smugglers, Pappagallo and Ottmars. Would like to hear other suggestions and know what you think about Ragazzi,the Brasserie and the dining room at the Westin
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 09:54 AM

Hi NM. We just returned from Anguilla and the food was incredible. Quite a fe Cayman restaurants can compare though. We goy married and honeymooned on GC in December. Reef Grill and Smugglers were our favorites. Didn't make it to Pappagallo but our friends did and they loved it. I would add Bed to your list and Deckers for a more casual experience. If you like sushi you must try Bamboo. And the Sunday brunch at the Hyatt is incredible (friends who were down for the wedding tried it and loved it).

Old Jun 29th, 2004, 01:22 PM

When it comes to the best food in the Caribbean, GC wins hands down! We loved the Greek restaurant next door to Hooks (the name is escaping me right now)Ragazzi's - my husband swears they have the BEST pizza in the world, Smuggler's, & Casanova's. The Westin's Sunday brunch was good, but if you go, know that the staff will straggle in late and if you sit next to a table of pretty girls, your waiter will never bring you champagne or silverware as he will be too busy trying to get a date with the girls next to you!
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 05:08 PM

The Lobster Pot and the Lighthouse restaurant are also VERY good.....email me or post for more info..
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 05:20 PM

Pleas try DECKERS! The best mesquite grilled lobster I have ever tasted! It is owned by the same people as Smugglers Cove.
Old Jul 23rd, 2004, 12:13 AM
pnestor

If you want a romantic meal you have to eat at The Lighthouse, outside on their pier. Was a highlight of our trip there in June. Two top places for us where Pappagallo (food and staff excellent), and The Lighthouse.

Old Jul 23rd, 2004, 05:35 PM

Both Mezza and Cafe Med are outstanding.
Old Jul 24th, 2004, 05:24 AM

We ate at the Westin and the food was good, but there were other restaurants I liked better.

I've read comments about others liking The Bed, but we were't thrilled. By far, Pappagallo's was my favorite. The lobster ravioli is unbelievable.