Restaurants on Grand Cayman

Old Jan 15th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restaurants on Grand Cayman

We will be vacationing on Grand Cayman in early February for a week. We did visit there about 4 years ago. Wondering what recommendations some folks might have about best places for dinners.
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 09:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
We were there in June 2007. Our fave restaurants were 7Prime Cuts at the Ritz and Ragazzi. Deckers was pretty good. The Wharf, many like this restaurant, but I did not. My dinner was not good at all. There was also a cat licking the sour cream on the busboy station. They were then taking the sourcreams to the tables from there...uggh. (I did tell them, but it was after we ate and I wondered if the cat had licked ours too???)
I am not real picky, but this place was a turn off. Others here have loved it. Maybe it was an off night?
Have fun.
I have also heard a LOT of people loved the Calypso Grill. I wish we had made it there.
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 10:20 AM

I am one who loved Calypso Grill. Went there for lunch one day (best ceviche EVER), and liked it so much we went back for dinner another night. But be warned -- Calypso Grill absolutely requires reservations for dinner (a few days in advance) and is quite busy at dinner. Lunch is a more laid back affair.

Also liked Blue at the Ritz. Very high end, very expensive, but excellent.
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 11:09 AM

Cayman is becoming spoiled for choice with great restaurants, as reflected by the Cayman Cookout even this weekend, featuring Eric Bernadin, Anthony Bourdain and numerous other top chefs

http://www.caymanislands.ky/cayman_cookout/

Given all that choice, perhaps let us know what you are looking for in a restaurant and we can try to narrow it down... as we do have a lot of choices here !
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 01:33 PM

We enjoyed our dinner at the Cracked Conch restaurant, especially their namesake of cracked conch -- delicious! We visited shortly after they opened the open terrace dining area they call the Macabuca Grill. It's a great place to view the sunset.
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 08:58 PM

This may sound funny for those of you who are familiar, but for a casual place overlooking the sea, MyBar at the Sunset House is a fun atmosphere and has good bar food. Try the blackened mahi sandwich with jerk mayo.

One more vote for Calypso Grill here. More for the atmosphere than the food, though the food is quite good too. Try the wahoo escoveitch.

Hmmm... like TomCayman, I might need more info from you to give you other ideas. Is food or atmosphere more important?
Old Mar 15th, 2009, 11:56 AM

GC has great and varied restaurants. Everything from a very eclectic restaurant named "Bed" to Ragazzi's (my husband's favorite). They also have sports bars and grills like the Lone Star (Check out their Fajita Rita night), the Grand Old House for a "special night", Eats for everyday, and Anthea's for greek food.
Old Mar 15th, 2009, 03:24 PM

For a fabulous lunch, head near the airport and hit Seymore's jerk chicken stand. They cook the chicken over charcoal in barrel grills. It is delicious. It is all take out, so grab some get a few beers and head to the nearest beach for an amazing picnic.