Restaurant for rehearsal dinner

May 1st, 2002, 10:56 AM
Chris

Restaurant for rehearsal dinner

I'm looking for a fun casual restaurant for a rehearsal dinner in June in Mo Bay. Any suggestions? Since the wedding dinner is the next night with the same people, wanted something a little different for the rehearsal dinner.
Thank you.

May 1st, 2002, 12:26 PM
alex

We went to the following restaurants in and around Mo Bay:

Marguerite's

Julia's

Royal Stocks

Sugar Mill

The Town House

Marguerite's has a great location and view but I thought the food was terrible and the staff rude. The Fodors guide says "flambe" is the operative word but I can tell you that my "flambe" dessert was cold and soggy. The restaurant is attached to Margueritaville (not Jimmy Buffett's) so you can walk right next door for the bar (which also serves food) where there is a slide into the water. Sugar Mill was fabulous but not really casual although parts of it were outdoors. Julia's was not particularly casual or dressy but the prices were very reasonable and the setting was gorgeous - on top of a hill and all open air. There was a large family party next to us who seemed to be having a great time. The service was very good. Royal Stocks is an English Pub at the Half Moon Resort and I don't know if you were looking for that casual. The food there was really good and they had darts and other games. We loved the staff there - probably the friendliest people we met. The Town House was casual and the food was really good. It is in the basement of an 18th century town house - I think the upstairs is maybe a law office.I don't know if this is helpful or not but I would be happy to answer questions. We found that most of the restaurants were practically empty. All of these restaurants provided free transportation to and from your hotel.

May 1st, 2002, 02:00 PM
Chris

Thank you Alex for your suggestions.

May 28th, 2002, 05:24 PM
darcy

We had our reception for 25 people at The Town House. Everything was pre-arranged with the owner. He printed a menu with our three choices on it for each person to choose from. Very unique place. Everyone was very impressed. We had rum punch or Red Stripe to drink, this kept the price reasonable. They also provided free transportation to and from the hotel.They had fresh flowers on all the tables. Stress free planning, they took care of everything.

May 29th, 2002, 01:08 AM
tivertonhouse

Glistening Waters/outside town towards Falmouth is laid back and group friendly ;Round Hill is elegant and upmarket;or hire vans/drivers and hire out the entire
CULLODEN CAFE in Whitehouse for a day swimming/beaching/boating/touring, a gem of a nouvelle-Jamaican style whitetablecloth restaurant and optional local entertainment. Contact Ann Lyons
at the restaurant, or better yet, have private excursion guide Carolyn Barrett set it up for you including transport.
She's reachable at [email protected] for price quotes,etc.Whitehouse is about an hour from MoBay on the South Coast.

May 29th, 2002, 07:01 AM
anon

Regarding the Town House, why would anyone want to sit in a basement during their rehearsal dinner, let alone, in the Caribbean?