WEEHAWKEN RESTAURANT ANNIVERSAY

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are staying at the Sheraton on the Hudson in Weehawken on 4/15. I am looking for a good restaurant to celebrate our friends 30th something wedding anniversary. They like to drink and not necessarily have to get way dressed up. Can you recommend something in the area that is no a chain restaurant or one that is a short walk or taxi ride to? Cost isn't a problem, we just like good food, like to drink and have a good time. American/seafod would be great.
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 11:05 AM

For great NYC view and food:

Arthur's Landing or
Chart House (this is kind of franchise though)
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 11:06 AM

Some may tell you to just go to The Chart House which is right near the Sheraton and an easy walk. Please disregard their recommendation. The Chart House has a spectacular view, that is true. But, it has very, very mediocre food and lousy service. If you go, go for a drink.

There is a restaurant in Hoboken called Amanda's. The food is usually very good and the couple who own it, the Finn's are both extemely nice people. We have dinner often at another restaurant they own in Hoboken, a place that's a bit more casual, and Tom Finn never fails to engage us in conversation.

We hosted a Christening Party at Amanda's not that long ago and it was fantastic. They have a really good wine list and their Sommelier (Doug, I think?) is very knowledgeable about wines and I think he takes pride in finding undiscovered, good value wines.

You can easily get to Amanda's by cab and it shouldn't run more than a few dollars.

Old Mar 14th, 2005, 03:48 PM

Arthur's Landing, Chart House, Spirito Grill or Ruth's Chris are all right there...

My personal recommendation is Paula at Rigoletto on Park Avenue in Weehawken. Small storefront restaurant BYOB with exceptional service & delicious food. Paula is a former chef to Bruce Springsteen. She is a delight!

Her restaurant is a 5 minute taxi ride from the Waterfront area.
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 08:07 PM

I second Amanda's in Hoboken. You are only a 5 minute cab ride to Hoboken, which is the cutest town (ok, I'm biased bc I live here). Check out www.hobokeni.com and the dining guide. Here are my favorites:

Amanda's (American, a little pricey)
Charritos (Mexican, VERY small BYOB)
Margaritas (Italian, casual BYOB)
Madisons (American, somewhat trendy)
City Bistro (American, very trendy)
Trattoria Saporito (Italian, moderatly priced BYOB)
Frankie & Johnnies (Steakhouse, somewhat expensive)
Karma Cafe (great Indian)