Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Puddle jumper air from MoBay to Negril.....book it or wait until you arrive on the island?

Search

Puddle jumper air from MoBay to Negril.....book it or wait until you arrive on the island?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Jack

My fiance' and I are going to the Grand Lido Negril over New Year's for nine days. After reading several posts on this board, we have decided to take a puddle jumper to Negril vs. the wicked nasty 2 1/2 hour drive. Is this something you book before hand, one post made it sound like there is always someone ready to go once you get into MoBay. If you do book, can you jump on an earlier flight is one is available? Which commuter airline is the best? Sorry for all the questions, we haven't been there before...thanks in advance.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 03:47 PM
Me

My favorite is TimAir. You can book online...www.timair.com.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 05:55 AM
bUdNiP

I have not been to Negril since the new road was complete but have read many post staing that the drive is now only about 1 hour.The charter companies fly on you schedule.So if you book ahead there should be a plane waiting.These charter planes are small.Say like 6 passenger.Air Jam flies larger planes but fly on a scheduled with only 2 or 3 flights a day.Also be aware that the Negril A/P does not have lights.So no flights after dark.If you arrive late in the evening you may have to take a shuttle.<BR><BR><BR>

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 08:56 AM
Pete

Hi Jack,<BR><BR>Not sure where you are getting your info but we traveled to the Grand Lido this fall and the trip was only one hour to the resort from Mo Bay airport. The road is now fine and we enjoyed the ride to GLN. Our driver did not drive too fast (others on the road do) and we found it pleasant. <BR><BR>We have also taken the plane ride - by the time you board the plane - fly to Negril - and drive to the resort from the airport - the timing is the same as driving.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 05:11 AM
Jack

This new info is helpful. My previous info had come from posts read on this board in my text search. Pete did you have a good time at GLN? Has anyone heard about the road to Negril from MoBay. Thanks you guys, maybe we won't fly now.