Search

Please Help, RWI, Point Grace or The Palms

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2006, 04:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help, RWI, Point Grace or The Palms

Hello All:

I keep on changing my mind. On one hand RWI is much cheaper...but it seems far away from all the good restaurants and is close to (ugh) Club Med!

I hear that the service is going to be bad @ the Palms..but it looks like fun and very cool pool!

Point Grace foods sounds wonderful...but out of the three the most expensive (we are going in October)

So where is the cheapest website to book hotels(I have airfare already)?

and if I do settle on RWI, how far to the restuarants? and can I hang out @ the palms or PG all day and eat drink, sit on the beach and not be an interloper?

Thanks everyone,

JB
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 10:36 AM

yes you can hang out at the Palms, especially if you get a drink at the plunge pool bar, (or lunch) Point Grace is very quiet, but you can walk from Palms area to eat there without staying there. RWI is a "good bang for the buck" kind of place. You can walk around to some restaurants, but the better "grouping" of restaurants is around the Palms.
You may want to consider Sands. Close to Palms on 1 side, Point Grace on the other. Somerset is next to Palms, and is my all time favorite. Check out specials with them, or call directly, that would be my choice.
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 02:30 PM

Just returned from my first visit to Provo at Royal West Indies. We met some people who stayed at The Palms and we disappointed. There isn't a family pool so kids overran the main pool and was disturbing to the adults that wanted to "hang out" by the pool and enjoy. Just FYI. I would stay at RWI again as it is a bang for the buck.

As for "cheapest" I found a room at vrbo.com and was very pleased. Much cheaper and fewer taxes. I wonder if there are any units for rent for Somerset through vrbo -- worth checking.

BTW, Blamona, can you just hang out at Amanyara for a day? Do you pay a "visit" fee? And with the Palms, do they charge a fee as well?

Old Jul 14th, 2006, 02:57 PM

If you want something at RWI rates but closer to Coral Gardens and further away from Club Med, check out the Sands

I've only stayed at Villa Renaissance, and that might be a good middle choice between say RWI and the Palms

Like blamona suggests, I think it's best to contact the resorts directly for breaks from rack rates in October
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 04:29 PM

You don't pay fees.
For Amanyara though, you must make lunch reservations. (very expensive lunch I may add.) However, hanging out at Malcolm's Beach is still possible-they will just keep you from going thru Amanyara.
No fees for the others.
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 04:53 PM

I would definitely stay at RWI over Sands. We stayed at the Sands and I wasn't impressed with the service. Others disagree, but if you look at Tripadvisor I believe that RWI gets the best reviews.

We went parasailing and the other couple on the boat was staying at the Palms and they weren't impressed. Clearly, Point Grace is on a totally different level than the other two choices. I was most impressed with Point Grace and thought it was nicer than Grace Bay Club and the Palms.
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 06:52 PM

We stayed at The Sands two weeks ago and loved it - service and all - so I can recommend it there. I also wouldn't hesitate to stay at RWI and may do so next trip down. Point Grace is my favorite spot on Grace Bay - I love rounding the bend at that point, walking up and down the beach every morning. Point Grace is lovely but looks a little too quiet for our taste and the Palms is a step up from the Sands - lovely and on the quiet side as well.
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 03:37 AM
Original Poster

Wow! You guys are great!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!

One last question...How long of a walk/Cab ride would it be from RWI down to The Palms/Point Grace?

Thanks a million,
JB
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 06:43 AM

I would say about a mile from RWI to Point Grace walking along the water.
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 09:38 AM

We stayed at the Turks & Caicos Club which is west of most resorts and its near the reef. It's a very nice small hotel and we just loved loved loved the beach. They have a great restaurant Simba and we just hopped in cab when we wanted to try something else.
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 02:27 AM
Original Poster

We are now thinking of The Palms Romance Package which is for 4 nights...we need one more night....do you think we should try some where else for the other night? Where? and at the beginning of the trip or the end?

Thanks,

JB
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 05:34 AM

Why waste part of the day packing up and moving for just one night. I would stay put. You'll want to soak up those precious last moments on that beach!
Old Oct 24th, 2006, 06:58 PM

We stayed at RWI in Nov. 2005 are headed back in Nov. 2006. Club Med next door was no problem. We were in the 1st building on the beach (not facing the Club Med side) and never heard a thing. I should point out we were on the opposite side of the building, not the Club Med side. Still, we were on the porch a bunch and on the beach tons and the bits of noise we heard were faint and no problem at all. We also walked past the Club Med several times and never thought it was a "bad neighbor." I'd be interested in other opinions, though, since we may have been spoiled by our unit's location.
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 04:31 PM

We stayed at the RWI in Nov 2004 and 2005 and stayed in bldg 1. Our condo was next to Club Med and we had no problem with noise. In fact last year we didn't use the ac and had no problems with noise with the windows open. We also walked by Club Med every day and had no problems. We even stopped in one day to see what the resort looked like and had a security person approach us since we didn't have wrist bands on. They were very nice and let us look around the shops they have on the property. I've read many reports about people not staying at RWI because of Club Med and think they are over-reacting. RWI is a great propery.
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 01:28 PM

I agree with the other posts.Club Med was no problem at all.I enjoyed watching the guests at Club Med have fun.Pretty quiet over there.Sailing,volleyball,sunning.There are quite a few restaurants within walking distance from RWI.Gecko Grille,Port of Call restaurants,Anaconea,Coyoba, Danny Buoy's,Coco Bistro.Can't go wrong.