Peter Island Ocean View Rooms

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are one step away from booking at Peter Island, but have 1 question. Our budget can only afford the Oceanview room at Peter Island. I understand those rooms are by the pool and main hub of the hotel, but how far is the walk to the beach? The resort states 5 minutes. Is it an easy walk? Or is it a hassle? Thanks for your help!
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 12:19 PM

Sorry I can't answer your question-- but this is to say that I hope you'll post a trip report when you're back. I'm interested to know as much as I can abt PI-- about different people's reaction to it. Since we're not very interested in jacuzzi tubs (any tub), the beach rooms don't hold a great deal of extra appeal (for al ot of extra $$). So I'm eager to hear your feedback on the ocean view rooms-- esp how private and quiet they are.
Have a great trip!
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 12:21 PM

Hi Kim,
My husband and I stayed at PI back in October of 2004. We too were on a budget and opted for the oceanview rooms. While they are smaller then the beachfront rooms they do offer nice views of the ocean. We were on the 2nd floor room which I preferred to the lower level. It was only a few minutes to get to the pool, lobby area and their fancier restaurant. To get to deadman's beach was more of a longer walk but after eating all of their wonderful food you didn't mind the walk. I have some pictures of PI and the room we stayed at if you would like to check out. My only regret was that we should have stayed longer!

http://community.webshots.com/album/202268800rNEnnk

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer - Susan
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 01:06 PM

Hi

Well, IMHO, the walk is an easy one, and it is about 5 mins. At any time though there is someone (workers) passing by on the golf carts, so getting a lift is a breeze! they are so very friendly and will ask if you want to walk or ride. Also, if by chance you simply want to have a ride and not *catch* a lift, a phone call to the front desk will have someone ready to take you. I did not find it a hassle, and we were at the beach a bunch and back and forth to the room, pool and beach. It is a great and unique resort, we loved it!
Hope this helps you
Carol
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 02:17 PM

We also did an oceanview room and I 100% agree with the 2 previous posters. It's a leisurely 5-minute walk and a lovely one too. Have a great trip.