Search

Parrot Cay

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2005, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parrot Cay

In our neverending search for a honeymoon spot (this April!), we have most recently landed on Parrot Cay [Cap Juluca is booked, Peter Island seems a little rustic for our tastes...] The reviews of PC are great, the pictures are stunning--besides the price it seems nearly perfect.

So I have a couple of questions, first, will we tire of it if we stay 7 days? We both like relaxing days and can occupy ourselves with a good book and beach quite easily, but I'm worried about nights. We like long leisurely dinners over a bottle of wine, and then maybe a nightcap at the bar hopefully with some other people around. Is this possible at PC? Some of the reviews I read suggested maybe not. Also, how easy is it to daytrip over to the main island? Could we do dinner and a night out there one night and still get back to the resort? Anything else you can share about the resort?

Many thanks!
Shannon
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 09:38 AM

I have heard alot that people split thier vacation up between Parrot cay and Grace bay Club which is on Provo the Main Island. I would think that would be perfect for you. You will have the best of both worlds. I would spend four nights at Parrot Cay and 3 or four at Grace Bay Club. Perfect
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 01:54 PM

I think it would be better to split the time between Parrot Cay and maybe the Palms along Grace Bay.

As we were leaving Provo, we spoke with a couple (middle-aged) who had just stayed at Parrot Cay. They loved it but stressed that it is very relaxing and there is not much do.

Staying along Grace Bay for 4 days or so will allow you to try different restaurants.
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Original Poster

topping for any last minute advice before we book...
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 12:40 PM

Could you call or email PC to find out when their water taxi travels to and from Provo? Guess it matters if they have a run later in the evening to get you back. Then you could (car) taxi to the restaurant from the dock.It would be very fun to go for a few dinners at the most popular restaurants along Grace Bay Beach(Anacaona, The Palms, Coyoba), and yet go back to the exclusive Parrot Cay Resort. We stayed at Grace Bay Club last April for 7 nights and very much enjoyed it, but, there was construction at the time--maybe it is all complete now, I don't know. The construction sights and sounds were somewhat of a downside for me--I know others disagree! There are various opinions about that. The construction as you may know is all along Grace Bay. Good luck and I hope this helps a bit.
Carol
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 12:50 PM

you might want to try point grace or turks and caicos club. both have deals on luxury link.