October Bermuda

Sep 24th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Original Poster

October Bermuda

We are headed to Bermuda for three days over Columbus Day weekend. We want a day at Horseshoe beach but what are the best things to see in three days? We are in our 60's but travel a lot. Also some good seafood suggestions would be welcome: )
Thanks, Nancy and Joe
Sep 25th, 2008, 03:09 AM

You can see an awful lot of Bermuda in three days. There are lots of posts from earlier this summer about the same thing, so search those and let us know what questions you still have! My first recommendation would be to enjoy Horseshoe briefly, then walk east along the beach - you're going to find pretty parks and just as pretty beaches, but they aren't going to have a soul on them because everyone goes to Horseshoe!
Also, where are you staying? That will help with restaurant suggestions.
Welcome to Fodors!
Sep 26th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. I will go back and look. We will be staying at the Royal Palms in Hamilton.
Sep 27th, 2008, 05:43 AM

I think you will like Royal Palms. I stayed there in June and was very happy with my accomodations. I think most rooms have kitchenettes so I encourage you to walk down the hill to Miles Market to pick up some basics for the room. You can get very good takeout food there (like the hummus or chicken salad) to help with meals. The on site restaurant, Ascots, is excellent. I would also recommend Fourways for a special night out, Bleu for a great sunset view and good food, and Barracuda Grill. Fourways and Bleu will be a short ferry ride and walk up the hill, Barracuda Grill (and HogPenny Pub if you prefer a more casual alternative) are a ten minute walk from Royal Palms.
I also recommend Lemon Tree which is a very short walk from your hotel for lunch or the bar at the Fairmont Princess just down the hill from your hotel.

I topped a list of my favorite things to do in Bermuda for you a day or so ago. Three days will be great fun. Enjoy yourself. And say hi to John when you have breakfast, he knows Bermuda better than anyone and can give you great suggestions for your day!
Oct 1st, 2008, 08:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the info on Royal Palms and restaurant ideas. We are really excited. The trip is so near now. I will absolutely check with John too, and let you know how everything turned out.
Nancy

Search this Thread