Bermuda - Restaurants ?

Jan 25th, 2005, 02:58 AM
Original Poster

Bermuda - Restaurants ?

Can you guys recommend a few good restaurants in Bermuda ? We only have 3 nights there. We're staying at Pompano Beach.
Jan 25th, 2005, 04:15 AM

It's been awhile since we stayed in Bermuda but I'd recommend Il Palio, Italian, in Sandys Parish. It's a nice ride from Pompano especially on a scooter. The food at Pompano is excellent. One evening we walked the Port Royal Golf Course to eat at Pompano.

A great way to visit Hamilton from Pompano is to take the ferry from Somerset Bridge.
Jan 25th, 2005, 04:41 AM

It really depends what you are looking for! I love the restaurants on the island! One of our favorites is Fresco's on Chauncery Lane in Hamilton, this same restauranteur runs Aqua (love it) at Ariel Sands-also opened a new Thai place called Silk. In October we enjoyed Port O Call too. On a more formal tone-The Waterloo House. Cocconuts at The Reef gets good reviews too, although I have yet to try it. Lots of wonderful choices.

A word of caution--riding a moped/scooter can be dangerous. Unless you have experience I would not recommend it. We have been riding for years--but the traffic, especially the trucks, more cars on the road, more speeders than ever. A woman was killed
outside the Ice Queen in October as she went into the opposite lane-hit by a truck,another fatality a few weeks later outside St. George--moped/bus accident!
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:11 AM

The food at Pompano is quite good. Penny has already mentioned Aqua at Ariel Sands, which I love. Another one I like is Ascots at the Royal Palms in Hamilton. The best meal I had on my last trip was at Fourways Inn, fabulous.
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for everyones help - sounds like 3 nights is not enough ! So many good places to eat !
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:22 AM

I think you are right, Jersey Sue. My guess is you will be planning your next trip to Bermuda very soon.....
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:31 AM

Yes thats what happens 3 nights is too short-but if its your first trip you be amazed how fast and easy it is to fly
to the island-especially from Jersey!

Search this Thread