Must See -- Must Do in Barbados

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2003, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any suggestions for entertainment, sightseeing, dining, off-the-beaten path type of adventure in Barbados?
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 07:18 AM

My husband and I are going in November. Use this sight for good information posted from other readers. We also use www.funbarbados.com and www.barbados.org. We are staying near Christ Church where we believe will be lot's of nightlife and shopping. On Friday evenings there is a beach party fish fry near Ostin's we are looking forward to. There is a dive/shop/bar on the East Coast called the Round House Inn. The Ship Inn is an English Style Pub we plan on visiting. There are free hikes on Sunday's we are planning on trying. Just a few ideas.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 07:31 AM

I can't remember the name of it, but there was a beautiful botanical garden with marked walking trails.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 09:12 AM

Regarding botanical garden you might mean Flower Forest, or another is Andromeda Gardens. Also new in the past 2 years is Orchid World.

My husband loves Welchman Hall Gully -- you may see green monkeys in the trees if you go early morning or late afternoons when they eat.

On Sunday mornings the National Trust holds nature hikes - -you can inquire when you get to the island if this is of interest.

Try taking Island Safari tours -- they take you off-roading places only Land Rovers can get. They have several different types of "safari's". There are a couple of companies that do this, but we like Island Safari best.

If I think if more I will write again.

Lois
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 12:25 PM

Harrisons Caves are a must and check out the "Soup bowl" on the east coast for surfers. The fish fry in Oistens is wonderful. Enjoy!
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 12:28 PM

Just remembered two more must do's - if you like sailing the "Tiami" catamaran cruise is great, also for great snorkelling, check out the Folkstone Marine Park. It's unforgettable!
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 06:44 AM

Check out my Barbados trip report.

Must see/do in my opinion: The East (Atlantic) Coast and the Wildlife Reserve. I totally enjoyed snorkeling with the turtles, and if you haven't seen anything like it before, Harrison's Cave is very nice.
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 08:08 AM

We are going to Barbados for the first time in November with 4 teenagers. We are staying at Coconut Court. We are looking for info, things to do... We have many more questions than answers. Do we spend $98.00 US on a buffet and show or take the submarine ride...Budget constraints require that we can't do it all and we are seeking advice from experienced traveling families. Thanks.
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 08:15 AM

if you are talking about the Bajan Roots and Rhythmns Show then it is fabulous.Haven't been on the submarine( I think it might be too claustrophic for me) but have heard mixed reviews, mostly positive though.
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 11:47 AM

While we were there we heard mixed reviews about the show/buffet. (We did not opt for that activity.) One couple absolutely loved it; another couple did not enjoy it all.

Definitely go to the Wildlife Reserve.