Mountain top in St. Thomas...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone! Here is a tip of something you really should see in St. Thomas. It is MOUNTAIN TOP. Mountain top is a beautiful little mall that sits on the highest point in all of St. Thomas. There are many beautiful shops there with GREAT shopping but you need to go there for their bana daquiris and the view. You can see every Broitish Virgin island there. Once I counted 25 islands in perfect view from there. It is like no other vew on earth. Jhust a tip and I hope you see it.
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 03:47 AM
KVR

I have to agree. We did some our best shopping there. Better than downtown Charlotte Amalie. We bought Cruzan Rum, perfume and linens cheap. They had a picture booth where you can impose you pic on their background for $5. Cute. Don't particually care for bananas, but had a pina coloda and it was good. Views are great.
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

Hello KVR! I am glad you got to go to beautiful mountain top! I didnt like like banana daquiris until I had one there and I got to like their banana daquiris a little bit too much. Isnt the view there awesome! I am glad you got to shop and have fun there.
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 03:10 PM

Speaking of drinks...I had a Lime N Coconut drink at Gecko Gazebo in St John that was awesome! -S:

caribedon,
That view on St Thomas sounds nice...I will have to go there next time we go to STJ.

Christie
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Original Poster

Hello Christie! You really should spend some time atr Mountain Top! The view is so beautifl it is dizzying, I swear once I counted 25 islands in perfect view and that was long before the daquiris!! It really is a great place for drinks, the view, good lunch and really great shopping!! I hope you have awonderfful time there Christie and dont forget about the banana daquiris!!!
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 04:14 PM

Anyone know what the difference is between a banana daquiri and a "dirty banana"?
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Original Poster

Helklo brenandg! Im not familiar with a dirty banana but it couldnt be better than a Mountain Top banana daquiri. Another popular drink in St. Thomas is the rumrunner and the bushwhacker. Just be careful drinking buyshwhackers, 5 different liquors. The beach bar at Maagens beach makes a great bushwhacker and Pina colada too. That is a great place to lose a few brain cells, I lost quite a few there myself and loved every second of it!!!!
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 05:52 PM

caribedon,
I found out the hard way about the Bushwhackers...my husband and I had them in June in St John and had too many and REALLY felt it the next day.
They are really good which makes them easy to drink down really fast!
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Original Poster

I know that feeling christie. The magens bay beach bar has awesome froxen drinks and the view at Maagens is pretty decent too. Sorry about your bushwhacker hangover. Ive ha more than one myself
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 06:07 PM

Is Maagen's Bay on the North Shore of STT?
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 08:56 PM
KVR

If I remember correctly, the dirty banana has kulahu in it. Daquaries it's just rum. The bushwackers were yummy. We had them at Paradise Point, but after one they became too sweet. It's more like a dessert than a drink. We had 'dee lime in the cocounut' at Duffy's Love Shack. Very good. Just couldn't get into the Hurricanes. I don't like pineapple juice in my drinks.
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Original Poster

Yes christie Maagens Bay in on the Northside, Maagens in actually a hude lagoon,if you go to Maagens the beach bar there is really fun too.
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Original Poster

Yes christie Maagens Bay in on the Northside, Maagens is actually a huge lagoon,if you go to Maagens, the beach bar there is really fun too.