Most family oriented resort????

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 pre-teen boys considering a trip to Provo in July. Want to stay somewhere with a nice beach, good sized pool, and relatively close access to shopping and family friendly restaurants. We are considering the Sands, RWI, Ocean Club, and Ocean Club West. Does anyone know why Ocean Club rates seem considerably less than those of Ocean Club West? Are OCW's accommodations/pool area nicer? Also, any suggestions for activities with 2 pre-teens?
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 08:56 AM

The rates at Ocean Club and Ocean Club West are the same. The difference is, Ocean Club offers 1 bedroom oceanfront, whereby OCW doesn't.
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 03:55 PM
TG

MassMom;

We are from CT and have been to Provo twice. On our first trip we stayed at OCW. On our next trip we chose The Sands and preferred it over OCW.
Personally, I would not stay at the original Ocean Club because it is at the end of Grace Bay Beach.
The Sands has a very central location and offers complimentary Hobie Cats, ocean canoes and snorkeling equipment. Their bar/restaurant has much more atmosphere than OCW.
Enjoy!
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 04:46 PM

mom in mass - all the hotels are on grace bay beach. not to worry it is far beyond nice! each web site should have a photo of the pools.
provo is not big for shopping. however most of it is at ports o call mall which is 1/2 way between rwi and the sands.
all the restaurants will accept kids. anacona and coyaba & a couple others might be kinda fancy for the boys but they will love sharkbite and the tiki hut at turtle cove marina. re activities: could they rent/purchase snorkel equip? there is a really good place to go just in front of the coral gardens hotel!!! its right off the beach for easy kid watching. also various beach sports like windsurfing, kayaks? would you consider scuba lessons?
there is super map of provo at www.seafeathers.com happy planning
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 06:33 AM

Mass_mom: I've noticed a recent dip in price for the original Ocean Club on various travel sites. I had been researching places on Provo to visit with our 13 year old granddaughter for the summer and the Ocean Clubs were offering the best package for us. We liked the idea that the original Ocean Club was the farthest east of any of the condos/hotels because we wanted the seclusion, plus the one bedroom beachfront suite. The rep there told me that there would be construction on both sides of the resort during July 2005, and that's probably why the rates there are slightly lower. We didn't think the construction noise would interfere with our vacation so we were on the verge of booking with them when we switched directions and chose the BVI over Provo.

Anyway, American Airlines is offering I think both a 4 and 7 night special package for both Ocean CLub resorts for travel until December 2005, but must be booked by February 8. You might want to check it out.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 06:35 AM

PS. I had researched a day sail & snorkel, a glow worm cruise and snuba, all of which sounded like a lot of fun for preteens and young teens.

Ocean CLub resorts have a complimentary shuttle running between them. If you stay at OC, you can take the shuttle to OCWest and from there walk to a few restaurants.