Reload this Page >

Marriott/Renaissance resorts

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2002, 11:48 AM
eli

I have a free week at any Marriott or Renaissance worldwide. Anyone have any favorites? Going with wife and kids (12, 14). Thinking of Aruba, Puerto Rico, Caymans, St. Thomas...but truly open to anywhere worldwide. Leaving in July, so weather may be an issue.

Old May 28th, 2002, 04:09 PM
WildBill

Stayed at Ren in St. Thomas last week for 3 nights and was pleasantly surprised. Nice beach and pool area with bar. Water sports activities aplenty. 5 minutes from Red Hook restaurants, bars and Ferry to St. John. Only downside is that most rooms are about a 3-5 minute walk to beach/pool. Had a drink at Frenchman's Reef Marriot and looked like it had nice beach and pool area. Good Luck

Old May 28th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Dalia

Stayed in the Marriott in Aruba around 3 years ago. Very nice hotel. With a nice room, nice beach and the best breakfast buffet at the marriott hotel in a restaurant called La Vista. A couple of hotels down is the Hyatt Hotel and they have a snack bar by the pool that makes the best nacho cheese guacamoli dish I have ever had (thought you might like to know) Aruba also has an excellent argentine grill restaurant called El Gaucho. Aruba is out of the Hurricane belt and it hardly ever rains (at least thats what they say)Also many stores accepted the us dollar so we didnt have to change our money. I hope some of this info helps you. Good Luck in deciding.

Old May 29th, 2002, 08:56 AM
Holly

We have stayed at Marriott properties in many places using our hotel points and BY FAR, the nicest hotel we've ever stayed is the JW Marriott Ihilani about 20 west of Honululu on Oahu. The room and service were outstanding and the setting, well we would have been happy to spend our whole vacation here instead of a few days before we went onto Maui. Can't recommend it highly enough

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 10:15 AM
Trish

It isn't difficult for me to imagine transporting myself back to the Marriott in Curacao. The atmosphere and the rooms are great. Superb food and drinks and the dutch culture make this our favorite. The sightseeing on the island is such a pleasure, although the maps are annoying. They have an excellent staff on hand to assist you with whatever you need.

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 11:44 AM
kt

Just spent a week during easter break at the Marriott Morningstar Resort in St Thomas. Wonderful facility right on the beach. Lots of activities on St Thomas. Watch out for the driving. they drive on the left and it seems everything is a mountain pass. Be preparrred for taxi expensses.

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 10:48 PM
Robin

Aruba - Marriott Aruba Beach Resort/Ocean Club is superb. The weather in Aruba is great year around-89 high, 79 low. It rarely rains and it is outside the hurricane belt. (Avoid the Renaissance Aruba Resort. It used to be called Sonesta. Marriott should have never put there name on it because it is not up to par.) The San Juan Marriott Resort in Puerto Rico is also very nice. It is located in the Condado area.